MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kitchen knives?

I asked this question over on HT yesterday. What are your favorite kitchen knives? I have a big set of stainless knives in a huge nylon roll up case, and I have only used the steel. Too much trouble to get em out and not enough drawer space to remove them from the case, lol.

My favorite knives are a 4" paring knife, 8" chefs knife, and a 6" boning knife by Old Hickory (Ontario). They are high carbon steel, sharpen and hold an edge well, and feel good in my hand. A 7" butcher knife rounds out this set. I seem to prefer the high carbon steel over the stainless.

There is a set of Revere ware knives on the counter, all with serrated edges, made in china, in a block. I usually only use the steak knives out of this set.

So, what is your favorite?

Ed

I basically have knives for certain jobs. I use one of those cheap little paring knives with like a 2.5" blade for peeling potatoes. I won't use anything else for that job. I have a black angus butcher for cutting potatoes & chopping & a gingsu bread knife for breads. Then I have a hampton forge paring knife for cutting cheese. I have 4 ssets or so of kitchen knives, and for the most part, they all serve a purpose. I love my kitchen gadgets. So hard to pick just one, LOL

I use an 10" chefs knife, a paring knife and a 10" slicing knife.

Two years ago my wife and I decided it was time for a good set of knives. We ended up buying Henckels. They make a world of difference in the kitchen. Fit the hand, well balanced and cut like nobody's business. I highly recommend a good set of knives, changed the way we prepare all our meals.

Archived