MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dry Goods Storage---Lock & Lock 38-cup rectangle storage

Genoa

Do you think that this would be good for storage of dry goods, like flour, sugar, rice, etc? I don't mean storage for 10-15 years, but maybe for up to 2 years? The reason I thought it might work is that it says that it is 100% airtight and has a silicone sealing ring. I thought maybe, if I threw in an oxygen absorber, it would work.

Here's the link---

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-38-cup-Rectan...31537039&sr=1-1

Thanks---nice to have some personal recommendations. I've ordered some to try out.

They are, certainly, more expensive than reusing/recycling other containers; but the ones I ordered fit perfectly on some of my pantry shelves, with no wasted space. When space is tight, it is great to have something that fits so well. Plus I like the fact that they seal airtight.

By the way, the Lock & Lock, along with other storage items, are on sale at Organize.com right now; so I got them there instead of Amazon.

They work very well, especially with oxygen absorbers. I have dehydrated celery, peas, tomato powder, and powdered butter stored in several of mine as well as some dehydrated fruit.

Check Wal-mart.

I have seen the 16 cup containers there for about $6.00.

I haven't looked for larger sizes, but they may have them, or can get them for you. The price from Amazon seems high though.

• 1 month later...
Can someone tell me if 38 cup the largest one they make and what the cost is at larger wallyworld. I've only been able to find the small 3-4 cup at ours. The large one is $11.89 on organize.com with current promo.

I'm not sure what they cost at our Walmart but that sounds like a pretty good price for one that size. It was a long time ago when I bought mine. Also, our Super K-Mart has them and so does our Bed Bath and Beyond but neither one has them listed on their website.

Archived