MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

multigrain onion bread

finely chop one med. onion and fry in butter until golden and tender. set aside

1/2 cup warm water

tbs yeast

tbs brown sugar

mix yeast and brown sugar together then add water, stirring as you pour. Stir then let sit until foamy.

1 cup warm water

3/4 cup warm milk

1 tbs butter

mix these 3 and stir until butter melts.

Add 1/2 tsp salt and onions

a handful or 2 of oatmeal

stir and pour in yeast mixture

add multi-grain flour a cup at a time until too thick to stir. Turn out on floured surface and keep kneading until smooth and elastic. form into ball, rub olive oil on dough and let rise until doubled. once doubled split dough, shape into balls and let rest 5 minutes. form into loaves, sprinkle sesame seeds on surface and roll bread over it so they stick. let rise. bake at 350 until done.

I hope i didn't miss anything in the recipe! lol I am trying to go off the top of my head. :P

lol opps! yeah, one tbs of each. sorry about that. I was sooo tired when I was posting the recipe.

also, I am not sure why, but the recipe rises VERY fast. I recommend letting it rise in the fridge for a slower rise. Seriously, mine doubles in 20 minutes or less.

• 2 years later...

so glad i posted all myy fav recipes here.... lol had to look this one up! <3 miss you all!

i made this without milk and oats, and substitued olive oil instead of butter, it was great! then i made it again without the onions, but as buns. soooo yummy!

Archived