MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tator Tot Casserole

None of my brood are little anymore, but I realized there are quite a few on this board with little ones. I figured I'd share an old recipe I used to make quite often. Kids seem to love it and it's not very costly to make.

Tator Tot Casserole

Ingredients:

1-1/2 pounds of ground beef, cooked and drained

8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite kind)

1-2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (or your favorite Cream of whatever)

1 bag of Tator Tots

You can do this two ways... You can combine everything but the Tator Tots in a bowl and then spread it into a 9x13 pan, or - you can mix the meat and cream of whatever soup and spread that into a baking pan, then place the cheese, and then the Tator Tots.

You can use whatever seasonings you want. Since this was for kids, I always used Salt and Pepper. You also can use however many Tator Tots you want. Use a handful, use the whole bag. Line the up in straight rows, make shapes, do whatever you want!

Bake the casserole at 350 for about half an hour or until the Tator Tots get crunchy.

It's quite filling and most kids love it.

This sounds so yummy, I'm going to try a 'version' of this for lunch today. I'm going to use what I have - being the good prepper that I am ;)

I'm going to make my own "Cream of Soup Mix" , use instant mashed potatoes on top, since I don't have frozen potatoes. and open a jar of my homecanned seasoned ground beef. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

:::wandering off to the kitchen and trying to figure out how to incorporate something green into this dandy little dish:::

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

This is what we call a "Hot Dish" in the north. :):)

Yes, it is good and I like to add green beans to ours. I'm sure you could add peas, carrots or corn or anything else you would want to. I just spread the beans on top of the ground beef. :)

There you go Stephanie. :)

HUGS37.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

My friend left this recipe for her husband while we were out shopping one night and we came back to a perfectly prepared, dish with the beans LINED up on top of the meat, the cream soup on top of that and the tots were in soldier-like rows....

Did I mention her husband was Navy? :24:

BTW, in case anyone wonders, a 9x13 glass pan DOES and WILL fit an ordinary bag of tots...end to end... :008Laughing:

Our family really likes this, and it does make good leftovers.

I took some to a family that had a need, their kids looked at it and said "I am not eating that". They made them take one bite. Now it is one of their favorites.

Archived