MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lowie where are you?

Dee

Hello you lot! I'm still here, but not done much on the computer over the past few days for various reasons.

Christmas went well as usual, fairly civilised and quiet! Ethan got up at 2.30am, but is now old enough to be downstairs on his own, so he was quite happy playing by himself until Bethany got up at 5.10am and went down. I was very decadent and stayed in bed until 8.30am! We all had a good day, lots of lovely presents, good food, etc and this year I switched off the phone, so it was quieter than usual. (I check it every hour in case of emergency, though). Weather damp, but the mildest Christmas for 28 years. Getting withdrawal symptoms from the garden, so planted some lily of the valley tubers I swapped for on the net, so that kept me going for a while. Spent an inordinate amount of time sewing and reading, but why not?! Tried to keep away from the TV and radio news.

looking forward to the New Year, resolutions and spring cleaning, fresh starts, etc.

Harrods? I don't think so - I doubt they would even let me in these days!! I have been once, back in about 1988, which was the last time I went to London. I went with hubby, but it was before we were married. He bought me Chanel No5 (boy, have I changed!!) in there; you should see their grocery hall! I bought him a Stilton cheese in a little china pot - he still has the pot. I was impressed by the fact that you could have a "bottomless" cup of coffee in the coffee shop - that was good. I detest shopping, especially during the winter sales, which start on Boxing Day - don't they let these poor people have a proper holiday from working?

Anyway, off to post round the forums with various things. have a Happy and Peaceful New Year, and may your god be with you.

Sarah

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Good to see you Lowly we missed you. I am glad you had a good christmas.... staying in bed until 8:30, wow...... My daughter who is 17 got up just before 6am, so we all got up can't touch stockings or gifts until we are all up and I have a cup of coffee in hand.

I know how you feel, I can't wait to start getting out in the yard again. My lil sis gave me a subscription to a gardening magazine, yippee, can't wait until it starts coming.

Have a great holiday.

Brigid grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

Glad you had a good holiday, Lowlie! When does Springtime come for you? Here in MN it won't come until late April! frown.gif Hope you have a happy and blessed New Year! smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Spring in this house begins in early February, no specific date, just watching the weather and sky, then one day you know it's spring. I see the seasons in the old way - spring in Feb, March and April, summer in May, June, July, autumn in August, spet and Oct, then winter in Nov, Dec and January. Not many people look at it that way any more, with their seasons starting later in the year than mine do! But that's me for you.

I love spring, just as the winter turns; bulbs pushing through the ground, birds singing, chickens start to lay again, days get longer and time to spring clean the house. It's a great time for planning ahead, but we all know where which road is paved with good intentions! But it's fun to make plans all the same, isn't it?

------------------

lowlander.jpg