MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

AA Canner question

quiltys41

Okay ladies, I need some help please. I have an older AA canner model 921. It only has the gauge and not the weight jiggler on the top of it. I am concerned that I wont be able to get that tested much longer as most county extension offices are stopping that practice or tshtf and NO testing is available.

Can I replace the gauge with the weight thingy and just not have the gauge on it? Is it safe to do that? There are no extra holes in the top of it to just add the weight gauge too, so it will have to be one or the other but not both. Thanks!!

Jeri

• 3 weeks later...
Okay ladies, I need some help please. I have an older AA canner model 921. It only has the gauge and not the weight jiggler on the top of it. I am concerned that I wont be able to get that tested much longer as most county extension offices are stopping that practice or tshtf and NO testing is available.

Can I replace the gauge with the weight thingy and just not have the gauge on it? Is it safe to do that? There are no extra holes in the top of it to just add the weight gauge too, so it will have to be one or the other but not both. Thanks!!

Jeri

There isn't a gauge and petcock on the lid?

I refitted my friends old model AA canner. You contact AA or another place that sells parts, like Redhill General store, and buy a new vent pipe and the new weights. They fit. All AA parts fit even the old models.

Then, you leave the dial on, but rely on the new weight as your gauge. Listen to it rattle while it is processing. It is easy to refit one of these canners.

Archived