MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where'd it go..?

ol'momma

Thought I'd mosey on up to the main house and ask where the Cave has gone. I know it used to be down at the end of the trail, but it seems to have vanished. Seems like a few other folks have missed it, too, along with a few other things down in that neck of the woods. No one seems to have an explanation about where it went. It's an awful feeling to be lost in your own back yard! Is it missing for everybody, or only a few of us mid-night mauraders who like to play after sunset?

It is missing. Darlene deleted it. She has asked that be no more political talk on the site.

Many of us do not have or want access to the Edge.

There were many posts in the Cave that had nothing to do with politics. Is there any record of the threads that need replacing?

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=35588&hl=

I hope that this link will work to take you to the thread where it was discussed. If not it is explained in "The Edge" and the topic is "Why-"

The link won't open for me and I'm not a member of the Edge. :( I guess a lot of us are just destined to remain clue-less.

And my interestin the Cave was strictly non-political as well. :girlneener:

*The Cave* and *So Wadda Ya Think* were merged into *The Edge* forum. I never saw much difference in them anyhow. :shrug:

The basic 'plus' to this, I think, is that it is a private forum that members have to be granted permission to view. Not just *anyone* can pop on and view.

I guess someone should start an "Access to The Edge" thread here on the sunporch, or as always-PM Darlene for access.

Thanks Necie.

I guess if there's a thread that was important the subject will come up again, like the bathroom thread did.

*The Cave* and *So Wadda Ya Think* were merged into *The Edge* forum. I never saw much difference in them anyhow. :shrug:

The basic 'plus' to this, I think, is that it is a private forum that members have to be granted permission to view. Not just *anyone* can pop on and view.

I guess someone should start an "Access to The Edge" thread here on the sunporch, or as always-PM Darlene for access.

"

Well Hmmm? . ..I'm glad to see they still exist anyway.

Dare I ask "WHY???" Or is that private information?

I've never seen much reason to venture to the Edge. I guess I'll either have to learn to limit my Bear beating to home or ask permission to be one of the Exclusive Club now, huh.

ol'momma, sorry for the delay in answering your question...I've been swamped lately.

Here's, at least in part, what I wrote down in the Edge forum. You're welcome to have your permissions turned on for that forum if you'd like...it is not an 'exclusive club' by any stretch of the imagination. It's been set up that way because in the past we've had a few members who were irresponsible with their posts, attacking other people, flipping out about 'this or that'. I figured if people asked to get into that forum, then they did on their own free will and couldn't blame the site fortheir own choice.

Anyway, here's in part what I posted down there, in regard to the Cave and Waddayathink forums:

First post:

There is several reasons that I've made a few changes tonight...perhaps I'll write more about it later, but right now it's 12:00am and I'm tired.

I've moved all the posts from the Cave forum and the So Waddayathink forum into the Edge forum. I've disabled the Cave and the Waddayathink forum for now, perhaps forever.

The main reason and the most important reason I've made these changes is because of some information that has come to light that potentially could be a threat to me, which means that my children are at risk. I'm disabling that risk.

Politics will not be open for discussion at this site. Let's focus on what we need to do, to prepare for an obvious meltdown in our world.

Second post:

Sorry, I've been runnng all day and just now finally got a few minutes to get on the computer...

To answer a few of your questions for clarification purposes, this decision has been made based on facts, not on perception. I don't 'think' that the potential threat is about to hit me or my family today, tomorrow or the next day, but I do know that down the road (who knows how short or long) that I could be held responsible for things that are written at this site. YOUR things, not mine. So that's why no more politics is being mandated here at MrsS.

No party bashing...no political figure bashing...we all need to be very careful what we put out in the written word in these areas because it wouldn't surprise me if things came back to bite some of us. I also won't put up with thinly veiled innuendos, or the like.

I'm not a push over and I don't scare very easily and most times I don't give a you know what, what outsiders think or say, but there is a heck of alot of value to being smart. I'm not afraid right now...I feel like I'm playing a chess game, trying to keep my pieces a little ahead of the game so that I don't end up finding my panties pulled down. It's one thing for me to assess a threat for myself, and another to assess it taking my children into consideration. I don't need to explain myself...I know that y'all understand and support this change.

I'm not quite sure how we found ourselves at times, standing on opposite sides of the fence from each other. I don't think that it's one side's fault more than the other, it's everyone, who has participated, whether publically or privately, who are responsible. So, we need to splash some water on our faces and wake up here...like, HELLO? We're all here at MrsS because we're trying to grow and learn and prepare for our loved ones, in the face of an ongrowing uncertain future that at best, is getting more and more dangerous. I'm not giving no pep talk here...I'm actually hoping that everyone will get off their high horses and stop shining the lights on our differences, and instead, highlight our similarities. Unless I'm really from Mars, I thought we were here because we want to get prepared...on whatever level we choose or can. So, from now on, we are a group of people that doesn't always see things through the same lens, but who are bound by a common personal vow to do the best we can to take care of our families and loved ones in the days ahead.

If you want to discuss things like the current climate bill that has the potential to raise our taxes astronomically, that's fine...those are obvious valid concerns, but I will delete anything that starts getting into party politics or bashing our governmental figures.

This is NOT a MrsS security leak...this is an internet vulnerability that has always been there, but will probably start being used against some people. I'm not personally willing to be held responsible for some people who cry 1st Amendment rights, without being responsible and/or respectful of those blood bought rights.

I don't know if I've helped clarify things or if I've only brought more confusion, but feel free to ask any questions you may have, either publically here, or privately through pm.

IMO, you can just bet that this forum just like all forums are being watched by the feds. I don't blame you for covering yourself and your family. There are a large amount of forums to bash anything and anyone, so it's not like those here that are so inclined can't find an outlet for their opinions on those topics.

ol'momma, sorry for the delay in answering your question...I've been swamped lately.

Here's, at least in part, what I wrote down in the Edge forum. You're welcome to have your permissions turned on for that forum if you'd like...it is not an 'exclusive club' by any stretch of the imagination. It's been set up that way because in the past we've had a few members who were irresponsible with their posts, attacking other people, flipping out about 'this or that'. I figured if people asked to get into that forum, then they did on their own free will and couldn't blame the site fortheir own choice.

Anyway, here's in part what I posted down there, in regard to the Cave and Waddayathink forums:

First post:

There is several reasons that I've made a few changes tonight...perhaps I'll write more about it later, but right now it's 12:00am and I'm tired.

I've moved all the posts from the Cave forum and the So Waddayathink forum into the Edge forum. I've disabled the Cave and the Waddayathink forum for now, perhaps forever.

The main reason and the most important reason I've made these changes is because of some information that has come to light that potentially could be a threat to me, which means that my children are at risk. I'm disabling that risk.

Politics will not be open for discussion at this site. Let's focus on what we need to do, to prepare for an obvious meltdown in our world.

Second post:

Sorry, I've been runnng all day and just now finally got a few minutes to get on the computer...

To answer a few of your questions for clarification purposes, this decision has been made based on facts, not on perception. I don't 'think' that the potential threat is about to hit me or my family today, tomorrow or the next day, but I do know that down the road (who knows how short or long) that I could be held responsible for things that are written at this site. YOUR things, not mine. So that's why no more politics is being mandated here at MrsS.

No party bashing...no political figure bashing...we all need to be very careful what we put out in the written word in these areas because it wouldn't surprise me if things came back to bite some of us. I also won't put up with thinly veiled innuendos, or the like.

I'm not a push over and I don't scare very easily and most times I don't give a you know what, what outsiders think or say, but there is a heck of alot of value to being smart. I'm not afraid right now...I feel like I'm playing a chess game, trying to keep my pieces a little ahead of the game so that I don't end up finding my panties pulled down. It's one thing for me to assess a threat for myself, and another to assess it taking my children into consideration. I don't need to explain myself...I know that y'all understand and support this change.

I'm not quite sure how we found ourselves at times, standing on opposite sides of the fence from each other. I don't think that it's one side's fault more than the other, it's everyone, who has participated, whether publically or privately, who are responsible. So, we need to splash some water on our faces and wake up here...like, HELLO? We're all here at MrsS because we're trying to grow and learn and prepare for our loved ones, in the face of an ongrowing uncertain future that at best, is getting more and more dangerous. I'm not giving no pep talk here...I'm actually hoping that everyone will get off their high horses and stop shining the lights on our differences, and instead, highlight our similarities. Unless I'm really from Mars, I thought we were here because we want to get prepared...on whatever level we choose or can. So, from now on, we are a group of people that doesn't always see things through the same lens, but who are bound by a common personal vow to do the best we can to take care of our families and loved ones in the days ahead.

If you want to discuss things like the current climate bill that has the potential to raise our taxes astronomically, that's fine...those are obvious valid concerns, but I will delete anything that starts getting into party politics or bashing our governmental figures.

This is NOT a MrsS security leak...this is an internet vulnerability that has always been there, but will probably start being used against some people. I'm not personally willing to be held responsible for some people who cry 1st Amendment rights, without being responsible and/or respectful of those blood bought rights.

I don't know if I've helped clarify things or if I've only brought more confusion, but feel free to ask any questions you may have, either publically here, or privately through pm.

Thank you for putting this information up here where everybody has access to it.

Archived