MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone use a bread maker?

I have been given a Sunbeam bread maker. But, no instruction manual. I went to the Sunbeam site but they only have an instruction manual for their latest model. Anyone know where I can get one or at least some basic info about using a bread maker?

some libraries have books on 'making bread using your bread machine'. You might want to check that out. Good Luck

Michael uses a bread making machine too but it is the very old 'hand cranked' kind but it make it easier when he is making 3 or more loafs at a time. This just mixes the dough - he still has to bake it in the oven or our stovetop bake over.

One tip: I like to take the kneaded dough out of the machine and cook it in a pan so it doesn't have that big hole in it. Provides many more sandwich slices per loaf.

I have a Sunbeam but the instructions are pretty worthless! (It's a cheap machine/manual put together in China. Some of the ingredient proportions from recipe to recipe make no sense) I mainly use the whole wheat bread recipe on the Bob's RedMill site and like Ambergris, unless it's unbearably hot, I only use my bread machine for kneading. After the "dough" cycle, I take it out, throw it in a bread pan, let it rise and then bake it in the oven. You should be able to follow just about any bread machine recipe and have it turn out just fine. Just be aware that the size of the pan in the bread machine makes for awkward sized sandwiches.

By the way, bread flour is great but it is much more expensive than regular flour. If you can get your family used to a denser loaf of bread, skip the special bread flour!

Scrubbie Lady,

Click on this website, then click on your model, 5841. then click on 'get manual'.

http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Sunbeam-Bre...er-manuals.html

Click again and you can download your manual in adobe format. :)

Take care!

Archived