MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Introducing my cousin, 'Collette"

sassenach

Stephanie and I are on facebook and I found my cousins there, actually two different branches on my mother's side of the family. We have been having a lot of fun catching up and playing games on facebook together. My cousin is about a year younger than me. She has two teenagers at home a DS and a DD and a good husband. I know she is a strong christian and has homeschooled her kids and is in charge of several families this year in their group and school. DD is a great regional soccer player and the DS, he loves football and music. They are very active in their christian endeavors and have served already on teen missionary pursuits in some eastern European countries so far as well. They are new to prepping, but not new to the idea's for it and I hope she will post on some of the forums and come to the Thursday night chats in the Shoutbox and join in and meet some great folks that do come. We really have not seen each other since , what, our teens???? So it brings me joy that she will be checking this all out and getting great ideas on so many things. I know she is in an urban situation and considering all the things that can bring along, along with being in fire and earthquake country, I am so glad she is starting up with prepping. I am so glad she joined!

:bighug2::happy0203: " Hey, Cuzin'!!!" :sheep: You are no longer just one of the sheeple! :laughkick:

Maybe we can get you started with what are called Get Home Bags and BOB's ( bug out packs or bins for the car) and you would be surprised at how many wonderful recipes there are for canning things if you want to learn to can stuff. It sure makes it easy to cook with too! Saves money and you know exactly what goes into it!

But don't overwhelm yourself. Pick some real basic stuff........there are many forums and threads here that you can look at or search for things in the search bar and you will have dozens and dozens of suggestions from past posts for over a decade now. If you have questions, please feel free to post them. Someone will help you, probably several folks will!

It is a time when old fashioned stuff may be exactly what we need in certain circumstances that can arise or already are here.

Take care and look over the site! Fireside is down the forum list, and it will give you lots of interesting reading by some great writers on this site. They are about possible scenarios and make one think of what they might need and how they want to react in such a circumstance. All of us care about our families and ourselves and for many, the stuff has already hit the fan, and these things are helping many of them. We have all sorts of folks in all sorts of residential situations and different occupations too and we tailor things to our particular situations and planning we do, to deal with such circumstances out of the ordinary that can happen.

There is a lot of wisdom here too. I really have grown alot and I am stronger as a Christian as well. Enjoy!

Hi Arby! Thank you so much for the great intro, and for all of the information. I will write those places down you mentioned, so I don't forget to check them! There are a lot of things here. I was just chatting with Stephanie, and she helped me out too (she is the one told me to find this post! - and how to find it!) I am looking forward to learning alot of things on here. I'll catch you later...thanks for the help, and I'll be looking for you later for more, I'm sure! :balloons:

Stephanie and I are on facebook and I found my cousins there, actually two different branches on my mother's side of the family. We have been having a lot of fun catching up and playing games on facebook together. My cousin is about a year younger than me. She has two teenagers at home a DS and a DD and a good husband. I know she is a strong christian and has homeschooled her kids and is in charge of several families this year in their group and school. DD is a great regional soccer player and the DS, he loves football and music. They are very active in their christian endeavors and have served already on teen missionary pursuits in some eastern European countries so far as well. They are new to prepping, but not new to the idea's for it and I hope she will post on some of the forums and come to the Thursday night chats in the Shoutbox and join in and meet some great folks that do come. We really have not seen each other since , what, our teens???? So it brings me joy that she will be checking this all out and getting great ideas on so many things. I know she is in an urban situation and considering all the things that can bring along, along with being in fire and earthquake country, I am so glad she is starting up with prepping. I am so glad she joined!

:bighug2::happy0203: " Hey, Cuzin'!!!" :sheep: You are no longer just one of the sheeple! :laughkick:

Maybe we can get you started with what are called Get Home Bags and BOB's ( bug out packs or bins for the car) and you would be surprised at how many wonderful recipes there are for canning things if you want to learn to can stuff. It sure makes it easy to cook with too! Saves money and you know exactly what goes into it!

But don't overwhelm yourself. Pick some real basic stuff........there are many forums and threads here that you can look at or search for things in the search bar and you will have dozens and dozens of suggestions from past posts for over a decade now. If you have questions, please feel free to post them. Someone will help you, probably several folks will!

It is a time when old fashioned stuff may be exactly what we need in certain circumstances that can arise or already are here.

Take care and look over the site! Fireside is down the forum list, and it will give you lots of interesting reading by some great writers on this site. They are about possible scenarios and make one think of what they might need and how they want to react in such a circumstance. All of us care about our families and ourselves and for many, the stuff has already hit the fan, and these things are helping many of them. We have all sorts of folks in all sorts of residential situations and different occupations too and we tailor things to our particular situations and planning we do, to deal with such circumstances out of the ordinary that can happen.

There is a lot of wisdom here too. I really have grown alot and I am stronger as a Christian as well. Enjoy!

Hi Stephanie...I can reply! Thanks for the help, I never would have known the post was there, and I would have been sad to miss it :pout:

:wave: Howdy!!! I'm glad you dropped by and hope to see you around a lot.

Take you time wandering around and reading, I can assure you of this...you WILL NOT be bored!! ;)

Don't be shy about asking questions, we love questions. :hug3:

Archived