MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mom is doing great

Called her today, her strength is coming back and with the loss of all that fluid she says the backacke is gone.

She is just happy to be feeling happy, and so are we. And we still expect her to keep her promise to live to be 106.

We all thank all of you for the hugs and prayers. ((((Mrs. S members)))

It is wonderful to have so many caring people pulling for you.

For those of you who didn't know I live in the Finger Lakes region of NY.

Not far from Corning. I am a great grandmother of two, both boys. Guthre saved my Mom once before whn she had Non-gas gangrene in her abdomin, the Drs at Guysinger in Danville Pa. put her in their hyperbaric chamber and managed to kill the gangrene. When she got there they only gave her a 10% chance of survival, but she made it. That was in 1996. She is in the record books down there as she was their first survivor of non-gas gangrene.

A very brave and determined Lady, My Mom.

------------------

lois.jpg

Guest Guest

awwwwww...

Make sure you give (((((mom))))) from all of us, and thank you so much for keeping us updated.

I know how important and vital my mom is in my life, even today.

((((lois))))

------------------

d5.jpg

My family and I will continue to keep you all in our prayers. It is great hearing that your mom feels in the pink. Guthrie and Geisinger are great places arent they? My stepdad have 3 quadruple bypasses at Guthrie and at one point they told my mom it didnt look good. The care that they gave him was excellent and he recovered fully. He passed away last fall but his heart was in good shape.

So your out near Corning. I am down here in Binghamton. If your ever down this way come on over and sit a spell and we can chew the fat!

Just post a message here telling me your coming to Bingoville and I will e-mail you my email addy...

God Bless

Guest Guest

Lois, my love and prayers to you and your family. I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. If your Mom is half as incredible as you are, she is truly a blessing to all those around her.

Nana

Guest Guest

Oh Lois, I'm soooo glad to hear your Mom is feeling so much better. That's wonderful news!!! If you don't mind me asking, how old is your Mom? She sounds like one tough lady!! smile.gif

I know I've gone through at least 2 times with my mother being very sick, one time with a stroke and another with pneumonia that wouldn't go away and she had to be on a ventilator. They were very rough times...but my mother made it through both things amazingly...She also, is one tough cookie and a fighter, just like your Mom. My Mom means the world to me, too...I kinda know what you went through and I'm so glad she is doing better!!! grin.gif

{(((Lois' Mom)))}

------------------

how.gif

50_p1689.jpg

[This message has been edited by mrszouave (edited August 02, 2002).]

Mrs. Zou, Mom is 78 years young, just 17 years older than me.

Nana, thank you. If you can't guess I have a hard time accepting complements, never know what to say.

I really love the acceptance that I have recieved here, it is truly "Home" for me.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Mom lives in a small town in Penn. near the border of NY.

She loves Company, loves to camp and picnic.

used to take us for 3 mile walks to eat lunch in the woods. Memories..... aren't they wonderful! MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg