MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

new home!!

Deerslayer

I am so excited!!! We have been super busy this last few months!! We sold our retreat in Louisiana--thank goodness!! We went and moved all of our things into storage buildings in Texas. Then today--we bought a new place here in Texas--and what a place it it...

It is within 15 miles of my hometown and all my family. We ended up with 3 acres of mature mixed orchard trees--the house is 1784 square feet and about 100 years old. Great thing is that even yesterday when it was well into the 90s-it was cool in there with no air conditioner running. :happy0203: It is about 1/2 mile off any road--nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile--It has a wood burning stove and over 8 cords of wood stacked and seasoned.

Large garden area--all tilled and ready to go

Lots of grapes and berry plants.

The previous owners (who passed from old age) were survivalist!!! Their children think it was a "silly" past time--so they left all the " stuff" so we ended up with chicken coops and yard for over 100 chickens, 50 rabbit hutches, various barns, bee boxes--already going strong with bees, well over 2000 empty canning jars, they also didn't want two of the vehicles--one car from the 90s and one pickup from the 80s.

Greatest thing ever--it has a fall out shelter!!! I am so excited!!! I never thought I would have one of those!!! It just needs a new air filtration system and it will be good to go. It is already furnished and full of stuff and food!!

There is A LOT of junk on the property--so we will be hauling junk off for a long long while--but--lots of good stuff in the junk piles too!!! We guess there is enough scrap iron to pay to build all new fences on the place--plus some.

The well has not went dry in over 40 years--but was updated with all new mechanical equipment within the last few years--it is also 8 feet under ground so no chance of it freezing--the house has new vinyl siding and the roof i only a few years old.

The house needs a lot of updating!! So, we will be painting walls and sanding and staining wood floors for awhile.--I plan on having a little bit of plumbing work done to move the bathroom around and add a pot filler in the kitchen--plus some electrical work to add a lot more outlets in the kitchen--but, other than that--it will mainly be painting and wallpapering--and decorating--

We are so excited--We got this whole place for very little money--we will be able to have a clear deed on the day of closing!!! It is an answer to all our prayers!! God is good!!!

:happy0203: :happy0203: :happy0203:

I just saw this, this is utterly fantastic!!!!!!!!! What a find and free and clear now excepting yearly taxes...... I am so happy for you!

I just got word from my son that he and his wife will be stationed in Fort Worth, TX next June so she will be doing College and other Marine Recruiting. Just perfect, because her family is in Houston and Humble and my son will be able to get his teaching credentials there and get into his teaching and they will both be able to start having babies and be completely present for them instead of her being overseas in the war zones. They also want to help me move down from upstate NY , so I will be moving sooner than I thought! Again, am so happy for you and your family. What an incredible find! Blessings on you and the land!

thanks arby--sounds like you will finally get to come to the promised land!!!! and what great things that you get to be near your son!!!

mt rider--texas gardens and orchards are all producing--i look like a kid on christmas morning at the farmers markets these days!!!

Honey YOU MUST BE LIVING RIGHT!! That is awesome.....I am so excited for you!!!!!

Hmmmm....I'm thinkin a "road trip" might be nice....I'd LOVE to see this place.

come on anewme--i think i should have a painting party for the next several weeks!!! hope all is well with you guys

That's great!! Sounds like a dream come true. What part of Texas did you find it? We have been very actively looking here in southern Oklahoma but could go just into north Texas. I would prefer east Texas...love the trees and land in the area but not good for work...... maybe when we retire.

Congrats!!

Blessings,

BB

That's great!! Sounds like a dream come true. What part of Texas did you find it? We have been very actively looking here in southern Oklahoma but could go just into north Texas. I would prefer east Texas...love the trees and land in the area but not good for work...... maybe when we retire.

Congrats!!

Blessings,

BB

It is in the Texas panhandle close to where I grew up---close to Oklahoma--this is a great area for work in certain fields

Archived