MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

new home!!

Deerslayer

I am so excited!!! We have been super busy this last few months!! We sold our retreat in Louisiana--thank goodness!! We went and moved all of our things into storage buildings in Texas. Then today--we bought a new place here in Texas--and what a place it it...

It is within 15 miles of my hometown and all my family. We ended up with 3 acres of mature mixed orchard trees--the house is 1784 square feet and about 100 years old. Great thing is that even yesterday when it was well into the 90s-it was cool in there with no air conditioner running. :happy0203: It is about 1/2 mile off any road--nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile--It has a wood burning stove and over 8 cords of wood stacked and seasoned.

Large garden area--all tilled and ready to go

Lots of grapes and berry plants.

The previous owners (who passed from old age) were survivalist!!! Their children think it was a "silly" past time--so they left all the " stuff" so we ended up with chicken coops and yard for over 100 chickens, 50 rabbit hutches, various barns, bee boxes--already going strong with bees, well over 2000 empty canning jars, they also didn't want two of the vehicles--one car from the 90s and one pickup from the 80s.

Greatest thing ever--it has a fall out shelter!!! I am so excited!!! I never thought I would have one of those!!! It just needs a new air filtration system and it will be good to go. It is already furnished and full of stuff and food!!

There is A LOT of junk on the property--so we will be hauling junk off for a long long while--but--lots of good stuff in the junk piles too!!! We guess there is enough scrap iron to pay to build all new fences on the place--plus some.

The well has not went dry in over 40 years--but was updated with all new mechanical equipment within the last few years--it is also 8 feet under ground so no chance of it freezing--the house has new vinyl siding and the roof i only a few years old.

The house needs a lot of updating!! So, we will be painting walls and sanding and staining wood floors for awhile.--I plan on having a little bit of plumbing work done to move the bathroom around and add a pot filler in the kitchen--plus some electrical work to add a lot more outlets in the kitchen--but, other than that--it will mainly be painting and wallpapering--and decorating--

We are so excited--We got this whole place for very little money--we will be able to have a clear deed on the day of closing!!! It is an answer to all our prayers!! God is good!!!

I am so excited!!! We have been super busy this last few months!! We sold our retreat in Louisiana--thank goodness!! We went and moved all of our things into storage buildings in Texas. Then today--we bought a new place here in Texas--and what a place it it...

Congratulations! Sounds like you have a find of the century! You just cannot beat all the extras you inherited..... Sooooo! happy for you! :girlneener:

This is so wonderful. Best news you could have.

Enjoy it cos you sure deserve it.

Thanks guys--a potfiller is a specialized faucet that folds out from the wall--it is mounted above the stove so you put your canner or other big pots on the stove and fill them on the burner--keeps you from having to lift heavy pots or fill them with smaller pots--I know it seems pretty useless, but it is one of those things I have always wanted.

I know it seems pretty useless, but it is one of those things I have always wanted.

It's not useless at all. I'm sure you'll find 1001 uses for it!

I'm so happy for you.

ROAD TRIP TO DEERSLAYER'S!!!! auto2.gif

Sounds wonderful! You have been blessed in wonderful ways in this house. May God's blessings of peace and protection be upon you in your new home. :wub:

Wow Deer! Hey, that place does sound like a DREAM.....My DREAm!!!!! I kept thinking what a great thing to move onto a property that would be already up to speed. Especially orchards. I love orchards! ....I even have the beginnings of a story written about such a deal.

Nice to know dreams can come true!

MtRider ... have fun moving in!

DeerSlayer ... this is so awesome!! God is Good!! Congrats!!

Have just returned from a road trip to the new place--closing is in 2 weeks--I can't wait!!!!! Found lots more great stuff on the place--several large cattle troughs, hay rings, large stack of hay, dog kennels, lots of hand yard tools, etc!!! I also took(with permission) the time to pick two large boxes full of apricots and 8 large boxes of peaches!!! I am still on cloud nine!!! I know, that as we clean up the place (lots and lots of junk) we will find more great stuff!!!

We also found a great man (with a family) who is really in need of work--we put him to hauling off all the scrap metal (lots of it)--he is return will also haul off the "just junk" stuff for free. We also picked from the orchards for his family. Bless his heart--he had been driving by for a couple of weeks seeing the full orchard trees and never climbed the fence to pick them. Now, that is someone I can use around the place.!!!

Thanks everyone--I am so excited--I can't help but talk about it!!!

Keep us posted, Deer! I get excited just hearing about it.

Ya mean Tx has fruit ready for picking already..... I'm getting excited about baby broccoli and peas coming up.

MtRider :coffeepc:

Archived