MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday and 1/2 way through July

Dee

Morning everyone :wave:

It's a beautiful morning here in Iowa. I hope it's the same in your neck of the woods.

This morning I was reading a page of what happened on this day in history. For me, being an Iowan, I found this interesting......"1830 3 Indian tribes, Sioux, Sauk and Fox, signs a treaty giving the U.S. most of Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri".

I'm spending the morning making pie crusts to put in the freezer to fill and make black raspberrry pies Sat. morning before going to farmer's market. I'll also make dilly casserole bread and sweet rolls Friday evening. I can't seem to get any produce ready this year. Produce would be so much easier to take and nice for me to can the excess but...... I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon yet but I'm sure something will come up.

Anyway, back to work for me. What's up with you today?

:grouphug:

Good Morning! I am having a blueberry day today! $1.19 a pint. Best price I have seen. Making blueberry pie filling this morning. Blueberry marmalade and Cinnamon blueberry Jam this afternoon. Tomorrow is dogwash day. Not as much work but not as much fun either. Our Walmart is remodeling. Yesterday I got about 20 yards of asstd. fabric for .50 or .75 a yard. Now I can make several skirts for work this Fall and have some left for fun projects. I would have bought much more fabric but we have space issues in the shoebox. My mom used to have 3 - 50 gal barrels of fabric! My little container garden is starting to look like the enchanted forest. Yay! I planted garlic in June and it looked like nothing was happening all this time so I went to dump the pot yesterday and there are roots everywhere! Just nothing up top yet. That's about it for an update. I'm still putting a few things on ebay but not getting rich from that. LOL It's officially hot now. Hope it doesn't last too long.

It's hot, hot, HOT today! meltsmile.gif We might end up with some strong storms later today, too.

I haven't gotten as much done today as I'd like, but it's going. Thank God for air conditioning!

Ever since I drove so much going back & forth to MI last week (2 hours each way) my right "foot pedal" knee is giving me trouble. So now even if I only drive a little (15-30 minutes), it hurts the rest of the day. :( I've tried adjusting the car seat, etc., but nothing seems to help.

Dee, those pies sound great! :wub: DD has a black raspberry pie they won't finish, so as soon as I can get there, we'll have some. Maybe tomorrow.

Congrats on the fabric find, snapshotmiki! :woohoo: They've been remodeling the Wal-Marts around here, too, and some have cut the craft dept WAY down. :( I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to shop at Wal-Mart.

With Cat on HOT! We didn't get the storms but it looks like they still might roll in later tonight. I was able to do some gardening through out the day. Broccoli freezing as we speak. DD ate all of the baby tomatoes and the handful of blackberries I was able to get are in the freezer (hoping I can end up with enough to make jam).

The plan for tomorrow is to run to my parents in the am, pick up blueberries on the way back and stop to finish some grocery shopping and hit toys r us for a few Christmas presents to put up (buy 1 get on 1/2 on a lot of items).

Patio was sealed this afternoon so we official have some extra outdoor space, which I think might be used as extra canning space. :whistling:

Archived