MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Funky Friday

Christy

Hi guys, just checking in to say I miss you all. Will be staying in Germany a few weeks longer. The dogs are responding well to the peace and quiet here and I decided to try and get the last real work on the house done in this time.

Didn't count on it getting so insanely hot though...

Letters to various people on their way. Hope to find you all in best of health.

Big hugs

Christy

IS it Friday - - -

already......................

AGAIN!

it is a rainy one here today - a good all day rian so no watering the garden again this week (thanks).

Got lots of outdoor stuff done yesterday knowing it would be 'indoor' day today.

Even had time to go cheak out a few yard sales in a nearby towm (town wide yale sale week).

Got a few good deals (as always) LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Morning Christy and Michael :wave:

It's a cloudy but no rain (so far) morning here. I have NOT watered my gardens once this year Michael. That's an amazing thing as by this time of year things are usually dry enough I'm helping them out. I have watered container flowers some but not much and that's usually an everyday job.

I'm leaving for the weekend tomorrow morning so I'm working like crazy around here to get DH some food to take to his family reunion on Sat. and Sun. He doesn't cook and wouldn't know how to warm things up so I'm not doing hot things. So far I have 2 smaller loaves of dilly bread raising and almost ready to put in the oven. I've gotten enough cucumbers and onions out of the garden to make 2 bowls (one for each day) for him to take along. I'll bake a black raspberry pie tonight for him to take tomorrow. We that still live in the area cook way more than just for us since others are coming in from away. They, of course, bring the deli stuff, etc. but we fix the "good stuff". :) Anyway, he'll have plenty to take and others will fill in. This family reunion has been going on every other year since 1926 so those of us left are becomming quite aways out on the branches of this family tree. It's still fun. Any of you with the name French out there....you may be one of us! :)

Don't know if I'll get to post this weekend or not so you all have a great one and see you Monday! :grouphug:

Hope you all have a good weekend, Christy, Michael and Lori and Dee! I have taken the day off pretty much except for dog duty. This morning, I made brownies (huge ones for Roadapples). Roadapples are a dessert I came up with a few years ago when I worked at a restaurant on a working ranch. Was their signature dessert the last 3 years I was there (in WY) Take a large fudgy brownie and put 3 or 4 hershey kisses in the middle and just ball it up. Looks like like a large roadapple but when heated (in the microwave) the kisses in the middle melt and it is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hersheys syrup drizzled over all of it.

This afternoon I am working on a recipe book and watching reruns of I Love Lucy. I love Summer!

Evening everyone,

I've been lurking for the last few days. I'm trying to take care of a huge project for work (from home with DD and DS) and the only help I'm getting is the bare minimum. So it's been an undertaking and I'm frustrated, mostly with DH and his comments (please don't ask me to do something for the office if you aren't going to cooporate and make nasty little comments <_< ).

The weather is getting nasty, dark sties, wind, low clouds and thunder. I'm praying for rain as we need it. I've been watering the garden almost every morning because it's been so hot and humid but no rain. So, I'm praying we see some of it this evening/tonight.

Dee~ plans changed again and we will be heading up to MN/ND. The good news is my BIL is getting married to a wonderful girl. The drawback the wedding is in MN/ND (not sure which side of the river) in December, right before Christmas. So as exciting and wonderful as it is, the drive might be an adventure, also, soon to be SIL's dad is in poor health and had emergency surgery yesterday locally instead of being transported to Mayo, which is where he spent 5 weeks (been home about 2 weeks).

That's about it.

Have a wonderful night~ Jori

I just got an unexpected gift.

The Marine Corps is letting DS1 come home to visit. He will have missed the funeral, but it's going to be so good to see him.

Archived