MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lady Antebellus was at the fair

gofish

Yesterday morring I had to help in a booth at the fair. The booth was by the Grandstands.They had a line for wristbands for the Lady Antebellum show. The line was 1000 people long by the time I got there.

Sad thing is that I had to google who they were.

My 2 youngest both got 2nd on thier projects. I might go back to the fair this afternoon,then I'm done with the fair.

I had to google Lady Antebellum too gofish.

Nice to hear your kids are involved in the fair and did so well. What were their projects? Is it a 4-H fair? My kids were involved in 4-H years ago. Busy, busy times but so good for all of us.

Have a good day everyone!

Dee, they are in the Aerospace club. Fancy name for airplanes. By the end of the year if thay have earned enough points they get a plane ride.

The leaders of this club own the flying school at the airport.They are great people.

DS did a poster on a T-6 plane and DD did one on the Stealth bomer.

Next year DS wants to do dairy or beef cows but he would need to help from farmer friend and I don't know if FF and I have that kind of time to run him over there every day.

DD was in the dog club 1 year but they started out with 200 kids in the club and needed more adult help than they had.

The 4-H fair in my county is one of the biggest in the country. About 250,000 to 300,000 people go to this fair over the 9 day event.

Yup, and if we can figure out when we can coordinate when DH feels fresh enough after a hard day's work, and when the weather will be nice, DH, lilDD, and I will be part of the crowd! :)

It's a much better county fair than ours. ;)

Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend.

12 hours on the road, to-do lists, and keeping MIL company filled my days. She is such a beautiful lady. Keeps me in line. It rained for 1/2 hour! What a sight to see!

Her box turtles are quite the little piggies. FIL used to keep the mulch bin fresh, sharing bugs with them while he worked in the yard and garden, now they rely on her to feed them and meet her at the door for food every day. She seems to be doing good. I will be looking into Home Health nurse care for her, she had a fall and bruised up a bit. I worry too much and don't want anything bad to happen to her.

Anyway, back to the normal grind, the wind is blowing 100 degree air around and teasing us with dark clouds that swirl all around us and move off. Still no rain here. My grass in my Tea Garden is fried crispy brown. Even some of my neighbors who usually have luscious gardens all year, are tilling them up already, due to the excessive heat.

Archived