MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday

mommafitz

G'Mornin' Ya'll! :wave:

The sunshine is so pretty coming in the windows this morning. :lois:

We got a few pictures hung and some boxes emptied yesterday. Slowly we are getting settled in our new home. We have not yet developed a routine in our daily life. :wacko: I hate that. I'm definitely a creature

of habit. :0327:

Today will be spent doing more of the same. We ran errands yesterday but today I'm staying home. I'm making homemade spaghetti for supper and the sauce takes a while....... :woohoo:

My poor little brain has been working overtime. We used most of the preps I had before the move and now its time to restock. Money is an issue (as always :rolleyes: ) so I can only do a little at a time. Space is another

issue. I'm thinking of that while I unpack. More stuff will be thrown out, me thinks! :happy0203: Something is weighing on my heart to get this place settled, cozy, and well stocked before winter. It's probably just

paranoia.............. :wink (2):

Ya'll have a wonderful day!!!!!

mommafitz

Good morning mommafitz and any to follow :bouquet:

It's a grand morning here too. Supposed to get very hot and humid this afternoon and "they" are saying to get your work done this morning and stay inside this afternoon if possible. August in Iowa. :)

Glad you're getting boxes emptied, pictures hung, etc. It'll feel like home before you know it.

I'm making chicken and noodles for dinner. DH and I both love them but I try to not eat any. I have to taste as I cook, of course, but then stop. I could eat the whole pan full and I sure don't need it.

We may have some CA company stopping in early in the week so I just HAVE to do something with this house. I'm planning on starting today, wish me luck.

Take care everyone and have a great day! :grouphug:

Got up early this am and have sat here enjoying the quite with my coffee and David Jeremiah on the tv. I have tried to wake up all the girls to get ready for church but only one of them is up. Every summer I say that the kids aren't going to stay up half the night and sleep all day but .... :shrug: maybe next year.

I always enjoyed moving and unpacking everything...everything is clean and organized at least for awhile. I just have trouble keeping it all that way.

I haven't been nearly as productive as I had planned this week. I did get the bathroom all painted (twice because the color was all wrong the first time) and the curtains and rods hung. I will start on our bedroom after church today. I already cleaned out the closets so I need to clean out from under the bed, declutter, move the furniture, and clean the carpet. DH will be gone until next Saturday so I have time to get the rest of my list done...hopefully.

Hope you all have a great day.

Blessings,

BB

Good Morning everyone! First thing I did this morning-besides saying Good Morning to God- was wash and dry bed sheets. Made pzza dough for tonights dinner. I'm cooking for a neighbor (with no oven) and us. Also put one of those "Impossible Apple Pie"s in the crockpot. The rest of the day is wide open. It's cloudy right now and humid. Supposed to get up to 88 or so today. Hope everyone has a great day while getting all your missions (cleaning, unpacking, painting) accomplished with ease!

First time posting on this forum, but here goes: Worked an 8 hour shift, then came home for a nap (I worked a 16 hour shift yesterday). I still need to get some pickles done and figure out what to do with the tomatoes that a neighbor gave us. Sigh... summer is so busy for me. But it sure feels good looking at those jars come mid-January!!

Evening everyone~

Moldy~ Welcome! :welcome: Glad to have you here.

Mommafitz~ glad you are getting settled. I don't call it paranoia, I call it prepping (while I brace the back of the couch - LOL) :behindsofa: I've been pushing to do more canning this year for no other reason than a gut feeling.

Dee ~ so wonderful to hear that you sold out before the market closet yesterday! Hope you made a dent in the cleaning. How did you make out with the storms (weather is on currently and they are saying you are getting it and it's just hitting the western line of IL so we should see it arrive around 7 tomorrow morning. Chicken and noodles sounds so good! DH doesn't care for it more of what his mom made but my kids love it, so I sneak it in every so often.

Miki ~ we had homemade pizza, too. DS was covered in sauce with a huge smile on his face (ah, to be 2 :D ). What is "Impossible Apple Pie"?

BB ~ sorry to hear the color wasn't the right one the first go around but that the second one is working. If you finish everything up before DH gets back from his mission trip, I would welcome you with open arms to come help me with mine. I'm sure the kids would have a great time together.

It was a busy (disorganized) day. Had to run back to the in-laws for more dill head and it became a family trip that was to an empty house (they went fishing) so DD used the potty there, cut more dill and let the dog run for a few minutes. Dropped everyone off at home and run to Walmart to pick up jars and flat lids (they didn't have any :o ) and then to the farm to pick up tomatoes and peppers. Stewed tomatoes and either salsa or pasta sauce tomorrow and more green beans hopefully these will make it in the freezer and not be turned into dilly beans. :whistling: I guess the beets are ready in the garden, too so that will be the other project to try and tackle.

Have a wonderful day!

Jori--Go to grouprecipes.com and do a search for "impossible apple pie in crockpot". Really easy and good! Hope tomorrow is a more settled day for you!

Glad you are posting on the diary Moldy!

Moldy, glad to have you join us. You are ambitious to work all those hours and still think about cannning. You're right though, the filled jars are beautiful lined up on the shelves.

Jori, I did get the kitchen and bathroom floors swept and mopped but I had the 2 perfects and their dad here about 2 hours this morning so I had more important things to do. :)

Miki, I went to the website and printed out the pie recipe. Apples will be ready in another month or so so I'll try it then. I love new apple recipes. The one tree makes such good applesauce w/o sugar that I'm hoping to make 100 quarts this year. Nah, I won't get it accomplished but I truly would like to. :)

Archived