MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

going to work this morring

gofish

1st day of spring for us down under. Yet my snowdrops have just flowered, and my spring flowers show no signs of being ready. But all in time I guess. Now to think about preparing the potato patch and vegetable garden.

I'm looking forward to any temperature that is not in the 80s or 90s! Supposed to be in upper 70s Friday and forward! Where we are right now there are 4 seasons but we will probably be in southern AZ before the first snow happens here in NM. Really looking forward to seeing GA and KY in October!

Fall leaves just starting , a tad here and there, precursor of whats to come. Wondering about the hurricane and how it might affect our summer crops here in New England....... the color on the trees isn't supposed to start for another few weeks. Its coming early. Will we have a hard winter? I am thinking so..... ( glad I have my special thermals my son got me last Christmas, they will be useful.)

I still think I should try and get outside as long as its not snowing or blowing real cold , at least a few times a week for a walk if I can. I will be testing them out then! )

Clutter clearing today.... maybe by the end of the week I can get to my bookcase and total gym and dust it off and set it up so I can use it again. Photos will need to be sorted..... I can't even get to the empty albums waiting to be filled at this point.....

Trying to be merciless, the landlady will hate the trash this week, lol....... bagging stuff up and its going out THERE. Doesn't seem like there's time to waste anymore...... God is tapping on my shoulder again... :frying pan:

We're home!!!! :cele:

Vacation was great but I'm so glad to be home. Every farm stand we stopped at I was eyeing boxes of beautiful green beans, pecks of peaches, and ears of corn. DH was ready to kill me when I suggested stopping at the last farm stand on our way out of town yesterday so I could pick up some produce that I could work on today. :busted: We didn't stop but I picked up corn to freeze and green beans that were suppose to be dehydrated but they ended up being eaten.. :whistling:

My prayers have been heard and DH is finally realizing that we need to move out of the urban/heavy industrial area for DS's health. He didn't have horrible coughing fits the entire time we were in the mountains and I never even reached for his inhaler. DH is worried we won't be able to sell the house with the economy so we are thinking land and going from there. It's a start and I would do a trailer.

We did some light hiking so the kids could explore the woods and get use to hiking and trails while we were at the state park. We saw bear tracks on the sand next to the ranger boat. I spoke with the girl in the Discovery Center and she said they would probably take a walk down later just to see it but there was one bear tagged in the park. We saw a wild turkey, too (and some deer) the girl was surprised about the turkey because most of the population died because of the harsh winter.

My sister delivered our new nephew on Saturday (after I told her she'd better wait until we came back <_< ), 17 days early but was 7 lbs and 19 inches long. I can't image how big he would have been had he gone 2 more weeks. Everyone is healthy and doing well and he is so handsome!!! I can't image how big he would have been had he waited a couple of weeks.

Have a great night!

Long day today, posting/adding numbers/paying bills/balancing books. Whoohoo, ......not!

Had the most enjoyable afternoon and evening yesterday visiting with a very special friend. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

The weather here has begun to cool, my garden is turned and mulched waiting for seeds to be planted. The last rain has produced a bumper crop of misquotes making it annoying to be outside without bug spray.

MIL is doing better, but she still can't get her energy levels back up. I may have to go visit/help her sooner than scheduled. We've been calling her 2 to 3 times a day to check on her. She went out to the Woman's club today and said it left her drained.

*Sigh*

Archived