MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rainy days and Monday's.........

Dee

Good morning everyone! :wave:

It's a rainy dreary day here and my mood is really getting low. I NEED sun and we haven't had much since last Wednesday....can you say grinch! :tapfoot:

I've got my first load of laundry in the washer and hope to spend the day working around here. I brought a smallish pumpkin in yesterday and think, if I get the ambition, I'll make DH a pumpkin pie. My but he loves those.

I picked all the butternut squash last night so have those to clean up a tad and get stored. We didn't have a big crop with the we summer we had but there's enough for a couple of months.

Guess that's about all that's going on in my world......how about yours? :grouphug:

Grey skies, grey moods. Busy with preparing and packing for tomorrow.

Yesterday I cooked one large pumpkin to make pumpkinbread. Put it in colander to drain water and returned home to find.... nothing.

DS had walked the dogs while we were having diner with the neighbours and he found colander on the ground. Didn't know it USED to contain cooked pumpkin :D

Sign, no pumpkinbread for me to take on the road tomorrow.

Today we'll have knodel, spinach and a steak for diner. Haven't eaten a steak in over a yea so a real treat to ourselves on the night before I leave. Looking forward to that!

Wish I had some of that rain--we are constantly on the lookout for prairie fires!! I unpacked and cleaned out all day yesterday---three pickup loads to the dump--if I don't absolutely LOVE it--it is outta here!!!

Going to finish hanging wallpaper in the kitchen today--hopefully the dining room too :woohoo:

Haqve a great day everyone!!!

Overcast here today as well. I have zero energy. The dog kept me up most of the night. He's neurotic and he likes to eat bad things. Last night it was the dish towel that we use to dry his paws. He needed to go out to eat grass quite a few times. <_< I'm not happy with him at all!

Today is mine & hubby's 13th wedding anniversary. Not sure what we'll do since our youngest dd has karate this evening. No sitter either.

I need to get some things in place this week. I'm going on a retreat this coming weekend. I like to leave things as simple as I can for the hubby.

I'd love to have some of that rain, too. We are under a red flag warning for fires here. Spent the morning at the hospital filling out paperwork and giving blood and urine for my new job!! I'm so excitied! Bought about 50# of tomatoes that I need to get working on, and work on TRYING to finish the pickup-bed-load of onions DH brought home Friday. Busy, busy

Good afternoon~

It's grey here, too, and we had some rain earlier but it's just one of those gray days that we'll be seeing soon. But on the drive down to school for DD and to my parents we were able to see the farmers working and the changing colors so it was a GREAT drive!

I have a bushel of peppers to work on but am really tired since DS was up most of the night. He ended up sleeping on his floor. No idea what it was about but he slept and I figured he could start "camping out".

That's about it, here.

Have a great day!

Typical Monday here--Packaged and shipped ebay stuff, did the Walmart thing, washing dogs this afternoon. And making potato salad. Have Great northern beans and ham in the crockpot for dinner. Around 80 and partly cloudy today.

Hope you all are having a better day than you thought you would!

Archived