MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

If you have a toaster oven...

You mean we are NOT to store bread crumbs down there for when wewant to make meatloaf?

Glad you where right there! it could have set the cuboards on fire and then the whole Kitchen.

That is one reasons the rule here is : If you are cooking you stay near by. I even turn off the stove top even if all I am doing is running upstairs because I forgot something. You never know that you may forget what you were doing and the stove boils over or even worse it catches fire.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

You mean we are NOT to store bread crumbs down there for when wewant to make meatloaf?

Glad you where right there! it could have set the cuboards on fire and then the whole Kitchen.

That is one reasons the rule here is : If you are cooking you stay near by. I even turn off the stove top even if all I am doing is running upstairs because I forgot something. You never know that you may forget what you were doing and the stove boils over or even worse it catches fire.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Michael, That remark about the bread crumbs turned over my tickle box! And to think I've been wasting perfectly good bread crumb all these years! LOL But seriously- the advice about turning off the burners when you leave the room is a good idea - especially when you get as forgetful as me. I was so busy (and tired) this last week that I could have had a real catastrophe if dh had not been watching. I was reheating the syrup from my red hot pickles - I went to the storeroom for something - got sidetracked by looking at stuff in a box I opened and..... I think your tip was well timed. (I'm glad God is merciful to us!)

Archived