MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looking out my window!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Looking out the windows today, I see a gorgeous spring day! There are several goldfinches on the feeders, bluejays cleaning up the feed on the ground, and birds all over. The grass is just green as can be (freshly mowed ) and there's not a cloud in the sky. I see a road crew working on the road, but no farmers in the field yet this morning. I'm sure by evening, though, there will be tractors moving.

What do you see from your windows today?

I see a bright sunny day, with a beautiful blue sky that's free of clouds. It's beginning to warm up again and I shut the furnace off this morning. There are beautiful pink hyacinths blooming in the back yard and the trees are finally starting to show signs of green again. The bushes along the back fence are covered in delicate yellow flowers, draping to the ground, and the squirrels are playing and eating the black walnuts that fell from the tree last fall and were buried under snow and leaves all winter long. It is a wondrously, beautiful day out today.

Guest Guest

Looking out our window I see the pond with beautiful blue water and cattle laying in the green grass with the sun shining on them. The calves are laying next to them and I really think they're pondering the meaning of a cows life. In the one garden I can see there's a robin pulling a worm from the dirt. In a garden I can't see I hear DH tilling it so I can plant a few things while he's in the field. What a beautiful day and I love living in the country and being a country bumpkin.

Good question Mary, thanks for asking.

In the field across the road, there is a red fox, blue birds are flying thither and yon as are the pair of Cardinals. The garlic is about 4 inches tall and so is the horseradish. The rubarb and herbs are growing fast. It is a beautiful day, my shopping is done and I can relax for a while and just enjoy it.

I see what you see in my dreams......in real life.....i see pretty blue sky.....sun shining down...reflecting on the pretty yellow city trash bags piled up by the street light pole....(i guess people forgot there was a holiday this week.....trash pick up is tomorow)........my next door neighbor is standing buck neked in his back door (he doesnt look like Brad Pit....looks like Mr. Magoo... it figures...).....I know it's spring when he opens his door.....you people have robins........i have him........such is life in the city.

Guest Guest

Ahhhh, the signs of spring! Debbielee, I can't imagine your world, and I don't suppose you can imagine mine. But I'd sure share it with you if you wanted to come for a visit! Our closest neighbor is nearly 1/2 mile away.

Hey all, it;s Sat.. and I see the sun.. yes the sun in Vancouver... what a site. Freshly mowed grass, by moi, yesterday.. my new garden areas are looking beautiful...wonderful empty spot where we can see the sky again, where the old fort used to be (tore it down last weekend).

Don't see any naked people Blebbie.....

Guest Guest

I see green grass and blue skies! Halleilujah! And just beyond the garden, I can see "my boys" contentedly grazing in one of their pastures. They enjoy this sunshine,also, as soon they will all be stretched out, lying in the grass, soaking up the sun. Buddy(the 23yo quarterhorse, Mosi (13 yo Icelandic) and Eldur (3 yo Icelandic) - horses, one of God's good gifts!!

Out of my North side kitchen window I see my lovely pond with 2 beautiful weeping willow trees. The one that was stocked with fish last year who have since become deceased. We have some kind of "meal" growth that can only be killed by a VERY expensive chemical that DH is putting off purchasing due to it's high cost. DH needs to get this chemical and then clean it out and get it ready for fish again.

Out of my South window I see a beautiful pasture with a miniature goat and a halflinger pony romping around. They are so cute. If I look closer I can see the new fence line that DH is working on. At the rate of a few posts a day it will be a while before it's done. I also see my minvan parked out in the open because the garage and barn are both full of other projects.

Out of my South window I can see the lake and a few bass boats out fishing. It's a beautiful day and there are a few tournaments going on this weekend. I also see the blooming wisteria tree we planted last year. I'm still trying to decide if we should get an above ground pool on this side of the property.

Out of my front window is the lane. I watch the neighbors drive in and out on their errands. This is my least favorite view! Especially due to one family who must go up and down the street 20 times a day. Since we live so far from town I don't know where they can be going unless it's to the bait store to buy a drink every time they are thirsty. Oh well, 3 out of 4 views are still pretty darn good.

looking out our window I see blue, blue skies. the geese out grazing, sugar baby bouncing around(my sheep) the two Saint running here and there. And toward the sky i watching a red tail hawk fighting off two black crows. I see green grass, taking the place of the whiteness of the snow that has been gone. Also see the buds of the young maple trees.

It is truly a beautiful day.

Guest Guest

I look out my window and I see the blue birds and the tree swallows fighting over ownership of the nesting boxes. I see the ducks and geese mowing and fertilizing my yard for me. I heat the Ganders protecting the nests where their ladies are sitting on hopefully fertile eggs. Out my back door, you must treed very quietly because off to the close side is a gray Toulouse sitting on her eggs and the gander is always close by with a watchful eye and ready to protect his lady and young at all costs.

Off to the back of the yard is our garden that is currently being fertilized by a goat. In a few weeks we will start preparing it for planting or we will have to wait another year. beyond the garden is open field and trees off to the left. In front of the garden is a couple of apple trees that I am anxiously waiting to bloom.

Off to the back of our trailer and to the left of our property is the buildings, kennel (that currently houses the bigger dogs to stop them from sucking eggs), and a grove of pines in a U shape.

Just at dusk you can sit quietly and listen to the birds singing their last songs before going to sleep and the frogs are beginning to join in the chorus.

Signs of spring is just starting here and there is no place like home. Winters are hard here, but the spring, summer and fall more than makes up for it.

Hill