MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A windy day

gofish

High winds, rain, thunderstorms and a tornado watch. Oh my what a day we are going to have.

The wind started last night . They just issued a tornado watch about 10 minuites ago. High is to be 74 then falling temps.

I'm only working 7 hours today so I hope to get some things done around the house before the kids get home from school this afternoon.I want to make some bread but that might have to wait until Thursday. Dd2 has a eye doctor appointment today and tomorrow I'm helping K-4 th graders in a cooking class at church. Well I must get ready for work.

Have a great day.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the weather, either. Either DD with Grandson or I with him will be driving 25 miles when it's supposed to be bad. :(

Jori will get hit with it first. :(

And it's surprising that so many Michigan schools are *closing* because of it. REALLY? <_< Anything to save money, maybe?

Stay safe, everybody...

And it's started...... The wind has been blowing for awhile and the rain started shortly before 7. It looks like the first wave of rain has moved towards Cat and gofish. Our tornado warning is in effect until 11 CST or until they change it and it's still 70 out. We were suppose to have a make up day for school this morning but when I stood up the room started spinning and I was dripping in sweat a few minutes later, so not the best way to make the decision to stay home but I have to say I think it's the best decision.

Stay safe!

Taking care of our grandson, I'm directly south of gofish. I got here with just some wind and occasional light rain, but around an hour later there were tornado warnings (not "watches") all around us. Not good. I'm glad they have a basement here.

Homesteader supposedly had a tornado within a couple miles north of her, headed still further north... but I haven't heard of any damage in that area yet.

But they're past now, and even though we had a pretty hefty windy rainstorm *here*, no sirens went off, and we're ok. Unfortunately there's water in the basement here, so I called DD. I wonder if my house has electricity.

On the plus side, my car's clean again... :happy0203:

gofish, you OK?

No storms here today. Sunny and high of 82. Made chicken veggie soup for dinner and am finishing up odds and ends that I have put off since moving. I work a short shift tonight and them am off for a week. All of you in the storm zone, please be careful!

So far so good. We had to take shelter around 10:45 at work .The supervisors were running around trying to find out if everyone made it to the shelter areas. I think they need a better system.

We didn't lose power. I haven't heard of any damage in town. We have a few very small tree branches down.I have to get them out of the driveway so DH can park his car.

It is still very windy.

DD's friend lives in Wanatah. Her mom posted they had a light rain and corrected post and said she had just seen the funnel cloud.

Has Dee or City checked in today? City is on the other side of me and we know where Dee is. Tractor Diva? She's in Southern IN

Archived