MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Everybody's Sick Wednesday...

Poohbear

Well, I was supposed to go to work today but everyone in my house is sick but me! DH has an intestinal bug that started Monday night. DD1 called him from school Tuesday morning and asked him to come get her. She had a fever and sore throat (couldn't hardly swallow). DD2 came and got me up at 1:30 Wednesday morning. She had thrown up in her bed and all over herself! While she was in the shower I changed her sheets and cleaned up the mess. 2:30 am she did it again. When I go to put the first sheets in the dryer so I can wash the second set, I find that the first ones didn't come clean. Her vomit was so acidic it actually stained the sheets! So now I'm hand scrubbing the stains with oxy clean, vinegar, stain remover and bleach (while the second sheet set is soaking in the mop sink). :clothesline: 4:00 am I finally get back to bed. 5:00 am DD1 wakes me up wanting something for her head. She has a low grade fever and a headache. Gave her Tylenol and sent her back to bed.

I call in sick Wed. morning because I've only had about 2 hours of sleep and if DD1 wasn't better when she got up I was taking her to the doctor to check for strep. When she got up she was a little better so I spent the day disinfecting my house with lysol and bleach. I don't want any of the bugs my family has (and they each have something different). :fever:

I hope they're all better by tomorrow. I'd hate to eat Thanksgiving Dinner all by myself!

One Christmas about 1:00 am my DD1 come into my room and threw up all over my bed. After I changed the bed my Son came in and threw up on me and the bed. Dh slept in dd1's bed .

I was on the couch with 2 kids throwing up. Than I got sick.

So there I was sick with 2 sick kids and all they wanted to do was open the gifts.

Even though they were very young they still remember that day .I made them wait tilll thier little sister got up to open gifts.

I hope they are better today. Keep well.

Thanks for the replies. Everyone is feeling better but still not 100%. Everyone but me was afraid to eat Thanksgiving Dinner! DH was afraid it would make him have to run to the bathroom, DD1 still has a sore throat and it hurts to swallow, DD2 was afraid she'd start throwing up again. I piled my plate high and pigged out while they all just nibbled and picked.

I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe so there was no way I was going to be able to rest until I hosed down everything they all touched with Lysol and bleach. I still may get something, but at least I tried! :behindsofa:

Gofish, Wow! I've had to clean up a fair amount of puke in my time but I've never been puked on! That would have probably given me some kind of invasion of the body snatchers anxiety attack! :24:

I thought he got up because of all the noise his sister was making.Dh was with her in the bathroom. I had just gotten the sheets on the bed. I sat down to cuddle him and he just said"Mommy' and barfed. No warning.

Oh the joys of Motherhood.

Archived