MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

H1N1 is every bit as nasty as they say it is

Christy

Started two weeks ago. Feeling tired, mild flu, headaches, the works. Thought by sunday the worst was over and then BOOM!

Hit me like a ton of bricks. Never in my life have I been this ill that I could not take my dog for a morningwalk if only the field next street for a pee. I could not!

Splitting headaches, couching dry cough that woke up half the neighbourhood, sinuses blocked, feeling like a truck had run over me.

Used nearly everything in the flubox (hurray for MrsS for prodding me to assemble one) and still am shattered.

Going up the stairs is a marathon and taking a shower something to ponder for a day or two. Just too much energy involved that is not available right now.

So me is back to bed.

On the upside. Arik walked the dog mostly and the faithful darling dog took position near or in my bed and didn't move all that time.

She guarded me and when I slept, she didn't move a muscle so as not to disturb me. Good dog!

Lot of people in the street are ill. A baby taken into hospital cos of dehydration.

His mum is a nurse who works in our local hospital and she said we don't need a swab to confirm it's H1N1. She, her hubby and baby all tested positive and since we're all ill the same way, it's an easy deduction.

Oh Christy

I'm so sorry you've been hit with this. Lots of rest, fluids, and stay warm!!!

I had DS in the pediatrician in between Christmas and New Year's as he had something that lasted close to 2 weeks. Never super extreme but the pedi said they had been hospitalizing a lot of little ones already for dehydration and the flu and had been for pneumonia. So, PLEASE take care of yourself (although it sounds like the dog is doing a good job of it)

:bighug2:

I'm sorry you've been hit so hard by the H1N1. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. My family was hit by seasonal (at least, that's what I think it was) flu this week. I ended up having to take my oldest ds to the doctor and he tested positive. We took oscillococcinum and it really helped. I also ended up getting the flu yesterday, and I immediately started on the oscillo and I'm feeling much better today. I can't imagine it lasting 2 weeks! (((hugs)))

Archived