MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another funeral

michelle

I added an update about this to my birthday thread but wanted to post here as well in case no one checks back to the birthday thread. My great uncle passed away on my birthday yesterday. I just heard from my mom and found out about it and the funeral is Sunday. I wasn't very close to him so I'm okay but I'm concerned about my great aunt. This aunt is my grandmother's twin sister. My grandmother was buried the week of Thanksgiving having died from pancreatic cancer after being diagnosed around July. It was very hard on my aunt to lose her twin. I'm afraid the loss of her husband also just two months later is going to be very bad. With my grandmother's passing she's also now the only primary caretaker for my great grandmother. My great grandmother is almost 96 now and I'm not sure how much longer she has either. I'm hoping she stays well and doesn't pass soon because losing her mother as well may be the final straw for my aunt. Please keep my great aunt in your thoughts and prayers as I know this is going to be a very rough time for her. She gives so much to care for my great grandmother and was caring for her husband and helping with my grandmother as well before her passing so she does so much to care for others I know she doesn't take time to care well for herself. She's going to need the extra thoughts and prayers to pull through this.

Praying for you to have strength to be the solid rock; for your family members that have passed, and most of all for the family left behind. May you be granted the wisdom to know the right words to say, and the grace to know when to say nothing. Better times are ahead.

Archived