MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

you ever have one of those days

Ambergris

Where it feels like you're just barely missing a string of disasters, big or small? Where you get halfway to the store and have to go home to find your wallet, then get back to the intersection right before the store just as the first ambulance arrives? Where your cat throws up on tile not six inches from where *someone* has dropped something that requires drycleaning? Where you find a fire-ant mound has colonized your (empty) bee hive and before you can decide how to handle it the bee-man calls to say he won't be able to deliver the bees until next week? Where you find out you've already paid the bill you were dreading?

Grace walks with us.

Sure sounds like a bunch of close ones, Amber!

Sort of like coming out of Eisenhower tunnel without passing out (sure came close) and then having the brakes billowing smoke because you can't get the u-haul truck to gear down because they "forgot" to tell you that you have to be going a particular speed to gear down, but finally managing to get the thing stopped at the road side without going over the edge.

I believe that most of us would be cowering under our bed covers if we were ever to see even a glimpse of what our heavenly Father shields us from on a daily basis.

:behindsofa:

Oh yes been there done that!

Once we were on the road and had to stop to get something out of the back. Didn't 'need' it just wanted to make sure it was there - took maybe 30 seconds to check.

Then as we were going down the road a bit we 'see' the crash that happened maybe 30 seconds ago when a car drive though a red light and ‘T-boned’ a car!

I always say to people go with your feelings because you never know when you are thinking of something or God is steering you to something.

Also why whenever we head out on a trip we also say a prayer before pulling out of driveway. AND now I ask for the van and us to be safe and OK on the tip 'And after we get home!"

You see it used to be safe UNTIL we get back home and one time after a long trip the van broke down as it sat in driveway as the next day it wouldn't start and I had to have it towed to a garage to get it fixed. LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived