MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for April 24 - 30, 2011

Snowmom

Good morning,

Once again, I don't have to much to post, as I did go shopping on Saturday with our DD, so that helped give me a few miles.

I think my total was probably about 5 miles at the tops.

Thank you Ann for responding to last weeks miles. I have a feeling you are getting in at least 3 miles alone just walking 3 blocks to and back from the PO each day. :) I think when I was doing a walking in town, they said that the 3 blocks each way was 1/2 a mile.

I am in hopes to be able to report more miles in a couple weeks. My knee is fine, it is from my knee down that has a problem now. I may just have to say to myself, "This is going to hurt, but, you just have to put up with it." I just don't want to do any damage to my leg. I want to walk and ride and walk and walk some more. :)

Momo, I do hope things are going better at this time. Keep us up dated on your DH.

Have a great day everyone.

Snowmom

Doesn't 5 miles seem like a lot when you are not healthy? I am looking forward to seeing your miles increase as you heal. :pray:

Last week was a bear for me. I am still recovering. Boxes, boxes, and more boxes, filling, stacking, unloading and emptying. Cleaning floors, frig, bathrooms, moving furniture. And trying to keep everything in order so it can be found at a moments notice. I pulled a muscle in my right arm, rendering my strength in my arm and hand virtually useless. But, at that stage, I could not stop. DH is still gimping on his broken ankle and walking any distance is not doing him any good. The piece of bone that chipped off is grating on his tendons.

Then, we went to MIL's and she had yard work waiting for me.

Moving: I'm calculating 5 miles. I actually thought about this thread while I was working, noticing my increased heartbeat, sweat, and screaming muscles.

I hope I don't loose miles for soaking in my hot tub. :bathbaby:

Yard work: 2 miles. 4 hours digging a trench with a hand trowel and trimming frost damages off her hedges. Feeding the turtles gave me the breaks I needed to finish the job.

Total: 7 miles!!! :woohoo:

I had a little time off from work during the week, so I only walked to work twice...4 miles. I'm trying to practice a lower carb diet. So far, it does seem to be doing a good job of curbing my cravings for sweets.

I am kind of on the injured list too. I had some oral surgery that was supposed to take an hour but took three. Since then I have had some complications but am finally back to running but have cut the mileage back some waiting for all the swelling to decrease.

My miles for this week (I just count the running) are 30.

Snowmom, I agree with Annarchy that when you are on the injured list 5 miles is terrific.

Annarchy, doing yard work and stuff like that, you may count fewer miles but it is a better workout than I get. I may get my heart rate way up and do wonders (yeah, right at 53 years old) for my body from the waist down but I do nothing for my upper body. The things you are doing tone everything.

Note to self, work on upper body.

Archived