MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

gamma lids, buckets, oxgen absorbers at the regular grocery store

Violet

Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmm...?"

:huh:

Indiana is holding a huge earthquake preparedness seminar next week.

More than 1,200 emergency responders from across the state are participating in what's believed to be the largest disaster exercise ever held in Indiana.

The exercise Monday through Friday at southern Indiana's Muscatatuck Urban Training Center will include local emergency responders, emergency management officials and private agencies from more than 60 Indiana counties, plus officials participating at sites elsewhere.

Indiana Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Emily Norcross says the participants will respond as if a major earthquake has occurred. She says it's the first ever national-level exercise designed around a natural disaster. The White House will direct the event.

The other states participating are Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee. Teams from Ohio and Wisconsin also are participating at Muscatatuck, about 60 miles south of Indianapolis.

Seeing stories like this, combined with natural disasters like tornadoes and floods, just might make people *think*.

I wish our Winco carried the oxygen absorbers! Maybe I should ask if I can order them. I do buy most of my grains and buckets through Winco. I've been really happy with the quality and the price.

Archived