MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Simply Sunday

Dee

Good Sunday monring everyone :wave:

It's a beautiful day here and the temp. is 70 as I write with a nice breeze. I think I'll go for a walk when I finish at Mrs. S. Yesterday when DGS and I walked to the bridge we saw a turtle, his shell a little smaller than a hubcap, swimming slowly up the creek. There's not much water in it so things are easy to see. Lots and lots of minnows. He and I will take some bread down later today and feed them. They love bread and flock to it like crazy when we toss it over the edge. We never know what, if anything, we'll see each day. One day it was a muskrat in the water. Another day a beaver. There are always blue herons, ducks and Canada geese so they aren't nearly as exciting.

He loves to watch the baby calves romp in the pasture. A couple of days ago they were nursing and he asked about her udder. When I told him it was an udder he said, "hey Grandma, that rhymes with butter". We've been working on rhyming. :eclipsee_Victoria: I thought about explaining the making of butter from the cows milk and changed my mind quick. He's not ready for that.....or maybe it's me that's not ready for it! :girlneener:

So, you all have a good day whatever you're doing! :grouphug:

That sounds like a nice Sunday morning, Dee!

I'm going to grind oats into flour--I hope-- today. Does anyone know which oats would work best for this? The long cooking oats or the quick oats are my choices right now.

I might drag out some sewing projects later.

have a great day everyone!

I made coffee at church today. DD2 and 2 of her friends helped.

Dh got the door striped and bondoed. We should be ready to paint it this week. School starts in 10 days. Son and Dh need to get the door done by then.

I did not get the 2nd coat of paint on the walls, to much dust striping off the old paint around the door. I did get the kitchen cleaned and the walls in the hallway washed while Dh worked on the garage.

While we were on the other side of town visiting DD1 yesterday I asked Dh if we could stop at Target and Khols to look for some sconces. I didn't have the money to buy I just wanted a idea of what they had. Dh got me a very nice clock for Christmas and I needed something to match it. I found a set that was the right size and color. They are just what I wanted.Reguler price $24.95 They were on sale for $7.00. Dh bought them for me.:cele:

I'm going to the visitation for Cat's Mom this afternoon. It's not to far from Farmer Friend's house and our small group is going to meet thier house for banana splites later this afternoon.

I spent today helping my step-daughter shop for groceries. She has 5 children and is newly separated from her husband. She was really concerned about how to make ends meet so she asked for my help in finding food deals. Though she had more money to work with, we only spent $100. I wanted her to see how much could be purchased if we were realy careful and only shopped loss leaders and other sales. We did really well and she was so excited that she has now called me back 3 times because she is looking forward to our next trip.

We also had an opportunity to trade a few items back and forth. Bartering is so much fun! I got 7 boxes of whole grain spaghetti because she hates the really thin kind and I LOVE it! We found a lot of buy 1 get 2 free items at Price Chopper and then visited my beloved Wegmans to get tilapia , salmon and yogurt. It felt really good to be able to help her and the best part is that it wasn't a handout...she actually learned what it takes to spot a bargain.

Gofish- It is so nice to know that there wasa contingent from Mrs. S to support Cat today. I was certainly there in spirit, if not in body. God bles you for being so caring!

Archived