MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's Friday!!!!

themartianchick

What a beautiful sunny day! The weather is cool and I feel full of energy. I've already planted a few things and I'm cleaning up some spyware on my laptop so that I can work more efficiently or even sit on the porch if I want to. My daughter has had my old laptop for 3 years, so even though it is old...it is new to me all over again. I have really missed it!

I'm looking for holes in the garden that I can seed to make sure that we can still harvest food right through the fall. I plan to do a lot of cooking , too...We shall see if that actually happens.

I had to go downtown yesterday morning for a meeting. I saw this 1955 Chevy not too far from City Hall:

DSCF0285.jpg

I love old cars in the summer!

Good morng martianchick and all to follow :wave:

What a car! DH loves 55 chevy's. I dated a couple of guys that had 57 chevy's so I'm kind of partial to them myself! You might not want to mention that to DH however!!! :happy0203: It is a beauty and thanks for sharing. I like seeing your "heighborhood" too.

I've been doing pancakes and waffles for the freezer this morning. I am soooooooo tired of cooking to fill the freezer but I think this is actually it for awile. In a couple of days tomatoes will be read so it'll be time to start canning and hopefully give up on the freezer cooking for awhile.

I haven't decided what I'm doing this afternoon. First I need to finish getting this food wrapped and in the freezer and the kitchen cleaned BUT I'm taking a break and having a 2nd cup of coffee first. It's clouding up and looks like it could rain. We need it so that would be a nice way to spend the afternoon......reading my book and listening and watching the rain.

You all have a great day! :grouphug:

Thanks, Micki! I saw the car on the way to my meeting and promised myself that I'd snap a photo if it was still there when I came back through. Luckily for me, it was!

Jori and I were on the same wavelength at about the same time today, though I think that her title of Amazing Friday is more accurate. Today was amazingly beautiful and the temps were just right. I hope that tomorrow is just as nice!

Next door neighbor has a 57 Chevy-fully restored-about that same color. They go to all the old car shows. Your town is very neat.

Raining here now, and that is nice. Maybe a few veggie plants will get renewed life, or at least get the ground ready for fall planting.

Hey MC-- You spelled my name the way I used to!!!! I just hope tomorrow is cooler than today!!!!!

Ya know, I looked at that for a while before posting it and couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with it, Miki!

Archived