MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Donations needed !!! Lids and rings.

Violet

I am currently working on a low income project here in my city. I have 8 students, of whom are some of the poorest of the poor here. Two are deaf, but are working hard to learn to preserve foods . I have an interpreter for them. What an amazing opportunity to do this. You can be a part of this, as well !

Darlene has given me permission to post my request here.

I need donations of lids and rings for these needy people. If any of you would be willing to donate, even a couple boxes of lids, I would be so grateful. I can give you all my name and my work address to send them to.

Bless all of you in advance ! Thanks so much for hearing my request.

Truly,

Violet

I want to publicly say THANKS SO MUCH to those who have sent such a blessing to these people. May each of you be richly, richly blessed by your kindness.

This gives them an opportunity to learn new skills, build confidence, and just better their lives so much. What a wonderful experience to be a part of this.

They are so excited that they are starting a canning group. They will be able to use the Community Room where they live in the low income apartments. They will glean some foods and preserve them after the lessons are over.

In the Community Room, there are computers for them to use. They also have set up an email group set up called Fruit Valley Friends canning club. I will also be able to access the group and see how they are doing from time to time.

Tomorrow I am getting vanilla ice cream so they can open a jar of the peach syrup they made and have it as a treat.

Then, tomorrow they get to can dill pickles. Wed. they will can salsa.

What an exciting thing this will all be for them.

Just a bit about some of the people coming :

One man is recovering from colon cancer. He said until now he had not had a very fun summer. It was rather mundane. The day he came to the first class, he said he went home full of joy over this. He said he has felt so much happiness and excitement ever since. It has given him something to look forward to.

Another young lady has AID's.... she feels so hopeless, but I keep encouraging her. I want her to feel hope ! If you pray, please pray for Amanda. She has 2 small children to raise.

Then, another grandma lost her grandbaby. The little baby just died of SID's in her daddy's arms recently.

Plus, the deaf man is just so excited ! He comes in beaming. Can you imagine being totally deaf ? This is bringing so much joy to him. He picked 8 gallons of blackberries and froze for jam. He also made peach jam at home today. His wife called to tell me

Another lady has a broken arm, but that has not stopped her from coming. She still works away at the canning project of the day. .

These are some of the people you will bless with your generous hearts.

I truly thank you so much. May you each be blessed over and over again.

Hugs,

Violet

Your stories about these people really warmed my heart. :yar:

It must give you so much joy to help the disadventaged who are trying so hard to help themselves. I'm sure you are being blessed too!

For the Fruit Valley Friends ----------> :grouphug:

Archived