MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Power Outage

Nichole

Don't you love it when your preps pay off? Well Last year at work the power went off and I ended up stocking shelves in the dark by flashlight. After that I went out and bought a headlamp because I had such a crick in my neck from holding the flash light like a phone, ya know, on my shoulder. So this time I was prepared! I had three lights total, including my headlamp. Knew exactly where they were too.

I was the envy of the store too, lol. I heard people saying, "I want a light on my head!" lol. I told them how I went out to buy it after the last outage, so I'd be prepared. A co-worker said, "Nichole is always prepared for this kinda stuff" It made a crappy morning, not as bad because I had the right stuff when I needed it. It now makes me think, what else do I need to prepare for at work?

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

LOL...I always thot those camping headlamps looked kinda dorky. But my dear bro gave me one and wow! I was hooked. Spent money for a good Black Diamond one last B=day. Good investment as we near winter darkening and occasionally I have to do animal care after dark. If anyone has ever had a large animal minor First Aid emergency after dark [read: crawl under a horse in dark to clip/clean/bandaged a leg wound....at about zero degrees], you'd really want to be able to act with efficiency. Ask me how I know.... :rolleyes: That nite was memorable! Brrrrrr!

MtRider :campfire:

Archived