MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pickled Peppers

Jeepers

What are those peppers called that are pickled but they are not hot? The kind you get on sandwiches like at Sub Way? They are round and yellow. I THINK they are some kind of banana pepper or maybe Hungarian peppers. Not the hot ones though.

Any recipes? :whistling:

Oh, so that's what they are called. Since I finally had a name I Googled it. That looks like what they are. I'm going to try to grow some next summer.

I learned a new name, Pepperoncini and how to pronounce it. "pep-per-awn-CHEE-nee"

I was seeing pepperoni. :008Laughing:

another similar pepper (bit different taste, about same heat) is sport peppers. Anyone from Chicago will know them from Chicago dogs, as they're one of the standard condiments on chicago style hot dogs.

Blasphemy, but I tend to not get them. or I eat them seperately, as I'm not a big fan of their flavor with the rest of the hot dog condiments. oh, and no ketchup!

I've had the Chicago dogs, in Chicago, but never paid attention to the peppers. When I get a sandwich with the mild pickled peppers, I always pick the peppers off and eat them last.

I miss going to Chicago. We would walk State Street by the river, FAO Schwarz and the Cheesecake Factory. I loved the museums and Shedd.

Oh, so that's what they are called. Since I finally had a name I Googled it. That looks like what they are. I'm going to try to grow some next summer.

I learned a new name, Pepperoncini and how to pronounce it. "pep-per-awn-CHEE-nee"

I was seeing pepperoni. :008Laughing:

they will be HOT!

what you want is banana peppers (yellow)

or sweet peppers (green)

we can them every year and they are so good!

:AmishMichael2:

Archived