MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A determined cat

gofish

I have 2 cats.

With one of my cats, every once in a while I have to ask the family if they have seen her just to make sure she is still alive. She is very shy.

The other one is a small friendly cat.

The other day I woke up with Ginger sitting on top of me. I pushed her off. She got back on me. After doing this for a few minutes I lightly smacked her and asked her what did she think she was doing. Within 5 seconds jealous dog was off her bed and on mine trying to get between me and the cat on top of me. The next day I woke up with a cat sitting on top of me.

I have chased her off my bed every day. Every time I go in my room there she is on my bed. This battle has gone on for days.

This morning I woke up with a cat sitting on top of me.... :gaah:

Hey... cats like WARM places!!!!

(Is it wrong that I can understand this?????) :sEm_blush:

We had a cat that would do that when I was a kid. Usually only during the cold months. ;)

Freezing here at night right now. Don't mind the dog cuddling up close on her own blanket but real near me. She tends to hog the bed though. :)

Can't blame your cat either. It's cold where you live isn't it?

Wow!

Just the opposite here!

IF we DON"T have the 2 cats in bed with us, Someone has to go back downstairs and find them and see what is up.

NOW on the other hand if Tobie or Maggie are on top of us and meowing in our face -Then it IS time to get up and see what is going on?

Sometimes there is something outside? The meter guy, the squirrel, it is snowing, or just a paper bag is blowing around the yard.

BUT sometimes it is something that need attention - like the day the toilet got stuck and kept running.

Like when the glass chimney shattered after we blew it out for the night.

Like when the stuff in the closet all fell off the shelve.

Like ....well I could go on and on but THEY know when things are not right.

* Here is our night:

we go up to bed, find 1 cat waiting for us! And 1 following us up the stairs.

Both go to the bottom of bed and sit , waiting so we can get in.

= are you ready for this=

then we each have a cat to brush - 1 with comb and the other gets her brush,

then it is 'cat treat' time, each get 5 small chews, then it is 'water time!'

1 drinks out of a small rabbets water bottle (don't ask) and the other will drink from a water glass (maybe).

then we are all settled in for the night BUT if eather of us grabs a pillow for reading a cat will jump right up and claim it as her own!

To stop the pushing and shuving I will have to get my reading pillow out so they each can be 'top cat'.

Time to fall asleep, so we put out the lights, turn over 'to spoon' and THERE is Tobie pushing her way between us under the covers!

Maggie just sits up on the pillow waiting for someone’s head to get just right so she can roll over on her side and purr while her tail keeps hitting you in the face. AND yes she knows she is doing THAT because if I tell her to stop! She does - - - for about 30 seconds and then starts again - watching for me to swat her tail then purrs LOUDER! Game Time!

When THEY are happy for the night THEN we can sleep!

But they are NOT 2 spoiled cats! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Your bedtime ritual sounds like the perfect way to unwind after a heavy day. Your cats sound GREAT! And so are you two for spoiling them as is cat's right of course :)

Yes it's :frozen: Ginger is the friendly cat. She is not much bigger than when she was a kitten. About 4 lbs. Both cats are 8 years old.

If she would sit still I wouldn't know she is there. She is a squirmmy wigglley mess.

I'm not fond of animals sleeping with me.

Archived