MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Louisiana Flooding

windmorn

I know there's at least one other member from here. Hope you haven't floated away. Thank God we'ew about 3 feet off the ground and on the high part of the yard. Much of the yard has had water standing/running across it a couple of inches deep it most of the day. A bus in the next parish over had to wait for a boat to rescue the kiddies. We've got several road closures that rerouted ds's bus and made him about 1/2 hour later getting home.

CGA Did you get this rain before us? I know it's coming from the west but I don't know how far west.

We're still living in a swamp but not flooded out this time. The creek did rise up pretty good because there was so much rain north of us. It looks like our chances of rain are less for the nnext week or so. Glad you are all safe too!

Glad to hear everyone is ok. :darlenedance: Our yard looked like a lake a couple of times, but it went down fairly quickly except in some low spots. We've got some rain chance the next few days, but hopefully it won't be anything like yesterday.

Please pray for Louisiana and Texas. The rains are currently causing flooding and tornados in Texas and it's heading this way. There are still families here in the areas that flooded that can't get in their houses from last week's flooding.

CGA and Miki hoping and praying you stay safe and dry.

:pray:

It was a very nasty storm when it came through here, rain, hail, heavy wind, lightening, and snow in the Mtns. I looked out the window once and thought I saw a tornado over by the mountains. By the time I got outside, there was nothing there.

:pray:

Glad you're safe Annarchy! Tornados are so unpredictable, I'm glad it was a ways a way, went away quick and hopefully didn't do any damage. I didn't realize you were in the path as well. I guess a lot more of us are now that I think about it. The map has it running from the tip of Texas up in to Iowa. Hope everyone stays safe safe!:pray:

Archived