MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Childhood Home

Annarchy

My little brother sent me a note saying, they are selling the northern 40 acres of the property we grew up on. We owned 40 acres on each side of the road.

LOL, that little green area in the middle of the plowed field, is a small valley, my sister & I filled it with rocks from the field, so my dad would not break his plow blades.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=8360+Warren+Rd,+Hesperia,+MI+49421&ll=43.633684,-86.070306&spn=0.008681,0.013797&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=8360+E+Warren+Rd,+Hesperia,+Michigan+49421&gl=us&t=h&z=16

So many memories. 2 acre garden, 20 cows, pigs, horses, chickens, ducks, turkeys, peach orchard, apple orchard, plumbs, cherries, choke cherries, raspberries, black berries, black caps, red caps, currents, a hill of strawberries, walnuts, beach nuts, grapes, maple, cow slips, sumac, rhubarb, morel mushrooms, and more....

DH says it is too cold. *Sigh*

The first home I remember was really not much of a house. It was in the city of Cambridge Mass. We didnt have hot water ad that house was areal wreck. But it was a wonderful home. I have so many memories of wonderful fun we had. Every room, all four, was special. We couodn't have maany animals in th ciity, but we had a dog, and a variety of cats we would find hungry and cold. We weere allowed to run and play in this little home. We were poor and couldn't hhave a lot of toys but we made our fun. My brother found this large cardboard box with thin wood holding it together and he sure it would make agreat bunkbed. He would sleep in top bunk and i in the botton. We gathered our blankets and went tobed. Before long my brotgher fell through on top of me. We surfied that and many more of his ideas. Anhow you story brought back many memories of that first home.

What a magical farm to grow up on Annarchy! I bet you had many a wonderful day and knew it all intimately. Verdant farm, sounds really nice. It would be heaven to own it now, I bet!

RenieB, sort of sounds like some of the stuff I would do under my mom's kitchen table, make a fort and such under it. LOL. I think I saved the shenanigans that were more dangerous for outside stuff with my buddy from down the street by the park , though. LOL. When I was that age. Yep, good memories for you both!

Memories are precious and fun. If we only had a fraction of the energy we had then.

The only house on the property was old and in dire need of repairs. No running water, a hand pump in the kitchen, no plumbing, there was an out house, and no electricity, the house had a centrally placed fireplace. Our daily chores were games to see who could finish first. We made our forts in the bailed hay in the barn and tunnels in the snow.

I'm so sorry you're losing this touchstone to your past. As much as I wish things would stay the same, life has a way of going on. Hugs to you.

:bighug2::bighug2::bighug2:

Archived