MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Weekend

Jeepers

I had an interesting weekend. My son came over and we ended up at the Salvation Army retail store. I go there often but I’m usually there through the week, in back of the store leaving a donation. This was on a Saturday and it was packed. It was so busy we decided to go back later. Sign of the times? Then we went to the Dollar store. Big mistake…for me.

My son spied one of those mechanical horsey rides in front of the store. As I got out of his car, he got me cornered sort of like a farmer does to a wild hog he is trying to guide into the truck on its way to slaughter, and guided me toward the horse. Long story short…I was trapped between my son and the horse. Son (and horse) are bigger than I am. Son was h*ll bent that I was going to sit on that horse. I said, “No, no, no!” as I was climbing up on the horse.

You would have thought that would have satisfied the savage beast (son). As I started my dismount he (son) dropped 2 quarters in to the giddy-up slot and giddy-up we did go! I’ve seen many little children atop those horses. The horses gently rock the children back and forth. That wasn’t my horse. My horse was feeling his oats. It was fast and bucked. I swear it did. Maybe it has to do with weight issues. The more weight on its back the more ‘aggressive’ the ride? I don’t know. I’m not a 50 pound child. I’m a 59 year old “adult”. Notice I didn’t give my weight. I was hanging on for dear life bouncing up and down and back and forth with my hair flying in the breeze yelling, "Stop!" It didn't. Oh yes, it was a beautiful sight. I thought it never would stop. For future reference, fiddy cents will buy you a very long ride.

Some people who walked by, going in the store, told son that that is what YouTube is for. I pray they weren’t recording on their cell phone. I was too preoccupied to notice. Just holding on moved up to number one on my priority list. After my fine dismount, I’d give it a 2.5, son took me to McDonalds. So the entire weekend wasn’t a total bust.

I do have horseback riding on my Bucket List but I’m not counting this one. We did not go back to the Salvation Army store and I may never set butt in son’s car again.

:huh:

:(

:huh:

:o

:24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24: :24:

(I figure you wouldn't tell us if you didn't expect us to laugh *with* you!!!!)

My son would NEVER... he enjoys Mom's cooking too much!!!! :happy0203:

Archived