MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Handcrank Ice Cream Maker

I've decided to pick up a handcrank ice cream maker. Is there a brand that is better than another one? Are the ones you find at Walmart, alright? Am I better to spend the extra money at Lehman's?

We've had one of the ones from WM for about 5 years now. We use it 2-3 times a year. The rest of the time we use an electric one. We've never had a problem with our hand crank. It has a wooden bucket instead of a plastic one so we have to wash it out good after each use to keep the salt from corroding the seal and metal bindings, but you'd have to do that no matter which brand you buy.

Oh what fun - cranking out some good home-made Ice Cream!

makes it taste so much better when you make it yourself.

Now Don't get me wrong but .......................

Don't waste your money on one from Lehman's they are no better then one much cheaper!

If you were planing to make Ice Cream every day you may need the heavy duty kind but like most of us you will only use it every now and then.

Now if you find one at a thrift shop you have to make sure the wooden pail is still good? Most of them have been left sitting around and they will leak when you put ice into them and it starts to melt.

:AmishMichael2:

I got one for my parents a couple of years agoat target that had a wooden bucket and both a hand crank and electric motor. I don't remember the brand name.

Archived