MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday

Good morning~:bouquet:

It's overcast but I can see the sun is shining so I don't think we'll see any rain today. We had a nice long rain Saturday into Sunday, someone said 4 inches but I don't know if that is confirmed. But we'll take anything we are given, the NE part of the state didn't receive any rain. We are praying for all of the farmers but especially for them to see some much needed rain. I stand corrected, I just looked at the weather report and we have a 35% chance for an isolated thunder storm this morning but the high is going to be 95*.

DH and I took the kids to go find a mitt and bat for DS1 for t-ball yesterday and picked up one for DD, also. We were leaving and DH realized he should have gotten one for himself but it's not imperative this minute. He played with both of the kids when we came home, went to Gander Mountain, too. He said they both did well but he was surprised at how well DD did. I just shook my head and realized I would be adding her to the ball schedule next spring/summer. DS1 will probably be going back to TaekWonDo in the late fall. They also had swim lessons this past week and DS2, who turned 1 yesterday, is a natural. He was putting his face in the entire time. I knew one of these kids had my genes :whistling:.

We went to Gander Mountain, (Cabela's or Bass Pro but much smaller) so DH could get his father's day gift. The kids wanted to go look at fishing poles so I took them. I found a soft tackle box with 4 hard plastic boxes that I really want for my grab and go first aid kit. It was $80 so I'm going to see if I can find one cheaper or put my own together. I forgot to look at camp lanterns, I really want a few battery operated ones for the kids. I hopped on-line this morning and found a Coleman Personal-sized LED Lantern that has a nightlight setting that I really liked.

Today, I'm going to run and get DS2 his birthday gift and DD has TaekWonDo later. I'm going to work in the garden and call around for blueberries to see who has them and what they are running a pound.

What's going on in your world today?

Have a great one!

:bighug2:

Not supposed to be so hot today...a high of 84. Already been to the grocery store and scored a grocery bag of candle ends off Freecycle. I'm sticking around the house for the rest of today so I'll be catching up on laundry, trying to do some decluttering, a little weeding and putting in a couple more tomato transplants, trying out a couple of Pinterest projects, and who knows what else. Plan to have a little nap in there too.

Beautiful morning to walk - did our 2.4 miles in 40 minutes and home by 6:30. Saw a buck zigzagging through the trees.

A nice breeze but it is to get in 40mph zone with upper 90's for today.

The man came to pump out my septic tank and offer suggestions if that did not work.

The tank needed to be pumped but even though he vacuumed the lines I still had my problem.

I am out on my front porch will stay out here 1014979_02.jpg

here as lo as I can with all the windows open inside to air out the smell.

The 2 inches we got Saturday night were wonderful!

I have volunteer tomatoes in bloom and bearing , the volunteer pumpkins are doing their best to cover the compost pile and one has a 6 inch pumpkin on it, Otherwise most are marble size.

It's very humid here. It was too muggy this morning to even open the windows. The temp is supposed to be in the 80s today with 90s the rest of the week!

Not much planned for today. I set out a bunch of chicken breasts to grill for supper. That'll cover supper for tonight and leftovers for supper a few days. We won't feel like cooking--inside or out--in 90 degree weather.

I picked up a box of knitting stuff for $3 at a yard sale over the weekend. I need to go through it and see what's in there (and identify it!). The main reason I bought it was for the books. There's several books---there a "Joan Fisher's Guide to Knitting", a "Make it yourself" book, a Woman' Day Knitting and Crocheting Projects book (original price: 75 cents) and 2 books on needlepoint. I don't know if the knitting books are for beginners, but figured they're worth the $3 I spent.

Michael, have you tried zucchini lasagne? Slice the big ones thin and use the slices for the noodles.

Yes, do that with the 'bats' that get to big if we have lots of zucchini bread on hand. BUT the first few get made for this or just stir fried.

Soon it will be "Don't leave your car unlock anywhere near a farm or you will find Zucchini in it when you return. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:AmishMichaelstraw: