MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So you use "Progressive" insurance?

Way to go, Flo... <_<

At the trial, the guy who killed my sister was defended by Progressive's legal team.

If you are insured by Progressive, and they owe you money, they will defend your killer in court in order to not pay you your policy.

Cut-and-dried case. The guy ran a red light and killed the woman. He was underinsured, Pregressive was required to make up the difference according to the policy which the woman PAID FOR.

http://gawker.com/5934436/comedian-calls-out-progressive-for-defending-his-sisters-killer-progressive-responds-in-heartless-robot-fashion

I don't like 'em just for their name, plus they support the liberal agenda, now I'm REALLY glad I don't use them!

:angry:

Ugh. Typical.

I worked for a law firm who's clients were the insurance companies. Health, life, home, car, etc. It was a horrible job. The cases that my boss had to defend were just terrible! It really is usually the bottom of the barrel of people most of the time. There were some cases that made you mad at the insurance companies, JUST PAY THEM! And others that just made you hate people and showed you how deceptive and greedy people could be! WV has horrible laws and also just judicial issues. The income levels are low, so there are so many people that are uninsured, so when there is an accident, the uninsured motorist coverage kicks in and that really sucks.

We had one kid who was a star high school football player that was in an accident and was claiming his football career was over, so was asking for a boatload of money, yet I found a local news article about his winning touchdown at a recent game!

Then we had another accident. If you can call it that... One guy intentionally ran down and rear ended another guy, then pulled him out of the car and beat him to a pulp. His insurance company would not pay the offenders claim cause

it was an intentional act. The guy who got hit sued the insurance company, of course, and the guy who intentionally hit him also sued his own insurance co. The JURY actually gave them a combined award of 500k!!! So they had to split that in half. So the guy who intentionally hit this guy and beat him got 250k!! Can you imagine how the victim felt about this guy getting paid for his actions!

The whole thing is sickening. I was only there a year, it was horrible having to deal with that crap every day.

Way to go, Flo... <_<

At the trial, the guy who killed my sister was defended by Progressive's legal team.

If you are insured by Progressive, and they owe you money, they will defend your killer in court in order to not pay you your policy.

Cut-and-dried case. The guy ran a red light and killed the woman. He was underinsured, Pregressive was required to make up the difference according to the policy which the woman PAID FOR.

http://gawker.com/59...s-robot-fashion

I don't like 'em just for their name, plus they support the liberal agenda, now I'm REALLY glad I don't use them!

:angry:

I won't use progressive because of the owners politics!! He is a scary guy, and he is not getting my money to further his beliefs!!!

Holy moly.

The article is rather light on details. If I were still working at an insurance agency I'd be looking over Progressive's contract just to find out where the hell that provision was. When I clicked on the story I was thinking maybe Progressive insured both parties in this case.

One thing to keep in mind though is that you DO still have prove the "value" of the loss- which means mainly age and earning capacity. You can take out a bleep-ton of UM/UIM coverage and if you're 50 years old, children are grown, and you're making 25 grand a year...the payout's going to come to something less than the coverage limits you can get on mainstream auto policies. Cold? Yes. But a big part of an insurance company's job is to figure out the "value" of your life. Like evaluating the amount of life insurance you're trying to get.

There will be some direct costs, even if it's just for the ambulance hauling you into the trauma center for someone to declare the death officially, and the funeral...if THOSE costs were being balked then yeah, gather the torches and pitchforks.