MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tragic

My 29 yr old cousin was biking in the Nevada Mountains and went off a cliff. His injuries left him brain dead. My aunt has decided to donate his organs. I can only take solace in the fact that his death will help save so many other lives. His dad died at 29 of brain cancer, so I really feel just miserable for my aunt.

You know Becca when I read about tragedies such as your cousin I as a mother relive the pain of my own daughters tragic passing along with feeling your families heartache. We aren't suppose to bury our children they are suppose to bury us. There is no timetable for grieving especially in circumstances such as your aunt is dealing with. The memories of our loved ones are always alive in our hearts even after they are gone so this will be of comfort to her.

The most important thing right now is for you and your aunt and your family to take care of yourselves and above all be compassionate with yourself. The initial hurt of this tragedy is as an open wound that over time heals and turns into a scar. The scar is a constant reminder of the wound and will be with with your aunt for the rest of her life so let her grieve while you do your own grieving from this terrible loss.

Life is always " Under Construction." Its time to slow down and take one day at a time. Your aunt will grieve longer than others so be loving with her as well as being kind to yourself.

You and your Aunt and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of you!