MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

If you just bought it from the store I would take it back. If not, I'm not aware of any way to get the bad taste that the butter absorbed. I tend to use the butters that do that in cooking vs. on toast because the bad taste will get lost in the other flavors.

The only way I've ever been able to "mask" it is sorta like Darlene said...use it in other ways. Two of my favorite ways is to make garlic/herb butter and honey/cinnamon butter. But...if you bought alot of it, and you have the ticket and unopened other containers, I'd take it back and see if they'd at least exchange it for new packs with a different expiration date. When I buy my butter, I freeze what I don't plan to use right away, and then take one pack (4 sticks) and keep it in a plastic container with a very tight seal. I lay one stick on my prep table to thaw when I need to wash and refill my butter bell (which always has nice creamy butter!). Hope you get your problem solved, one way or the other!

Edited by Philbe

:thumbs:

Thanks.

We bought a package to make some cookies, brought it home and went to use some, that is when we had the unique pleasure of finding out it was :yuk:

All the years of making and using butter, we always took precautions to make sure it was safe from absorbing anything in the frig. This is the first time I have experienced buying it that way.

I just wondered if there was a way to salvage it before I go to exchange it. I was hoping there was a nice survival trick how to. LOL

I wonder..... if I put it in a zip lock with baking soda for a while....... ??