MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

April snowflakes

What's your start of April weather looking like?

I've seen quite a few snowflakes out there today! My daffodils look like they are up a few inches. I think it's going to be a little while until the ground has thawed enough to get onion sets in.

I'm making turkey stock for the 1st time. DH had to try to pull apart the turkey carcass to get it to fit in my big soup pan. It was a very tight fit! The house smells like I'm baking a turkey again. Yum. We'll be having leftovers for supper.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

The morning started out looking miserable. It was doing that half snowing half raining thing and freezing on everything it touched. Scary looking for morning commuters. I went back to bed for a couple of hours and when I looked out the window it had all disappeared and the sun was shining. :scratchhead:

It got up to the low 40's here today.

we too woke up to snow!

But it didn't last long and nothing sticking to the ground.

Very windy again today and that makes it hard to get around. :twister3:

Can't open both doors to the van at the same time or everything inside blows out the open door! So first Lori gets out and closes her door then I get out and close my door. Then I chase down my straw hat and THEN we can go visit.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Our weather has continued with the confused theme, can't seem to make up its mind. The other day was soooooo nice, it was lower 50

so sunny and cheery. Then came the rain, not a lot of it, but just enough to make it a bit wet and overcast.

Winter has really fizzled out the past couple years. I remember when I was little, we'd get so much snow, and it lasted pretty much all winter.

The biggie we've been having the past couple years has been flooding in the Fall -- I can do without that.

Little late checking in....

95+ degrees yesterday, according to our thermometer, in the shade. Seems too hot already, but they say we are around the normal average temperatures this year.

This morning, it's around 65 degrees, bright and sunny.

I am really not looking forward to the summer heat, hoping my garden will produce a harvest before it fries in the sun.