MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for April14 - 20

Snowmom

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Yes, we still have snow, we had snow every day last week except Saturday.

Here are some things that count for miles.

These are as you can count them, 1 mile will = one mile.

Biking, swiming, walking, and such.

These will be counted as 1 hour = one mile

SHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gif DANCING8.gif

:STAIRS: will be down and up 10 times = one mile

These will be 30 minutes = one mile

:lois: weights, jumping rope. :clothesline:weersneeuwruimen.gif

You will have to be the judge of these. We have been counting 1 hour as a mile, but, sometimes it isn't so. Therefore, I'm letting you be the judge of these. :)

:dusting:dishes.gif What else can you think of that isn't listed, just add it and let me know. :)

I got in a total of 8 miles for shopping, stairs, dishes, house cleaning, laundry, weights, etc. I didn't walk at all last week. So, I have gone a week without walking or riding, so now sometime yet this week I am going to do a little of one or both. Then I will see how it goes. We took Minnie in to get her hair cut, a bath and what ever they do and that was the day. Today we are meeting friends for lunch so won't get down again today. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday. :)

We got another 4 inches or so of snow Sunday and yesterday. I thought we were going to have Spring as it had really been thawing last week.

Like I said at the top, we had snow every day last week except Saturday and that was a nice day. Then on Sunday, we ended up with more rain/snow mix and snow. Yesterday we didn't get snow and today the sun is shining so nice. I'm waiting for all the snow to go away so we can see grass.

Ok, who will be NEXT2.gif ???

Who is going to join us? :) Anyone who wants to start exercising or walking or whatever, count your miles and add them up this week and post them next week when either Momo or I make the walking post. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

That's a good amount of snow. But don't you all need the moisture, after the last couple of years of 'drought'?

Last week, I had to go to TX. 800 miles of driving.... I have been doing muscle crunches during the drive. For a mile I tense up and hold it, relax for a mile, and do it again. That's the best I can think of doing for 7 hours on the road. LOL

MIL & I went to the mall and walked about 1/2 way through it. Tough on both of us and we ended up sitting several times.

This trip was a doozie! I crossed into NM and crested the mountain top to see the valley below blanketed in dust. By the time I got to Lordsburg, the wind was really picking up. Signs on the road said, "All lanes closed ahead." I asked at the gas station and the truckers said I would be able to get to Deming. I have never ever seen a dust storm that size. Here in AZ you see a lot of dust storms regularly. Cars on the side of the road looked like shadows. 10-25 mph and at times I could not see the front of the car. The dust blotted out all light. Believe me when I say, by the grace of God, I made it to the motel in Deming. :pray::bow: My nerves were on edge and every muscle was quaking. :imoksmiley: (Does that count for any miles?)

The next morning the air was sorta clear with a fine layer of grit everywhere. I made it to TX just in time to go with MIL to tour the President of UTEP's house with the Woman's Club, then, had about an hours rest before sitting at the chemo office for 4 1/2 hours.

So, technically speaking, I may have gotten in 3 miles actually walking.

What a scary, nerve-racking trip, Ann! Glad that you made it okay!

No snow, but still chilly. That one week with a couple nice days was just a tease it seems.

My miles for 14-20th = 19 miles (slowly jogging). Not quite my goal of 4 miles/day, but getting closer :)

Edited by lumabean