MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just wondering...can sweet tea be canned? Just Lipton tea (brewed), water and sugar? I loooove sweet tea and it would be nice to have some canned up for days when I run out or to take a pint with me 'to-go' in a cooler. It's also a comfort food for me.

I make de-caf sweet tea. I don't like regular brewed tea with sugar added later. It needs to be brewed all at the same time. To me, the sugar stays gritty if added later. :pout: <---------snooty tea drinker.

Just wondering...can sweet tea be canned? Just Lipton tea (brewed), water and sugar? I loooove sweet tea and it would be nice to have some canned up for days when I run out or to take a pint with me 'to-go' in a cooler. It's also a comfort food for me.

I make de-caf sweet tea. I don't like regular brewed tea with sugar added later. It needs to be brewed all at the same time. To me, the sugar stays gritty if added later. :pout: <---------snooty tea drinker.

Have you ever slipped a leaf from a Stevia plant into your tea? I'm looking forward to dehydrating some of my Stevia plant leaves to vacume seal for later use. I poked a piece into son and Mtn.Mans mouth and they were both ABSOLUTELY shocked at the sweetness of just a pinch! LOL Will definetely plant more next year (if I can find them) and will do some research on whether Stevia is a perennial.

Thanks Violet. It figures!

I use a Mr.Coffee ice tea maker thingy. I use a paper filter. I fill the pitcher with water, fill up the tea maker to the top with the water from the pitcher, put in a filter and the tea bags. Then I put the sugar in whats left of the water in the pitcher and stir well. You can use ice in the pitcher but I find most of it melts when the hot tea hits it anyway so I just use water.

I don't notice a bitter taste but I've been drinking sweet tea as long as I can remember. My mom and aunts always had it when we were growing up. I use de-caf because I can have issues with caffeine if I drink too much of it.

I like Luzianne tea ! It is made for iced tea. I have the iced tea maker, too. I don't use a paper filter in mine. Love that iced tea maker !

I just use all cold water. I don't add the ice. Oh, I use filtered water, too, not just tap water.

Stevia to me is awful. I had a plant, it was still awful to me. I never find a sweet taste, just bitter. That Truvia and stuff in the boxes is not all that natural, not like they want you to think it is.

Same with agave nectar. That stuff is so processed and is just as bad as high fructose corn syrup.