MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Skunky Sunday

LOL DH has been chuckling at me all morning. That'll teach me for laughing.

Got home and immediately noticed the smell. WOW! And, he said he could not really smell it anymore. I woke up a few times last night from it.

This morning I got to it. A solution of peroxide, baking soda and lysol multi-surface cleaner was my weapon of choice. I was good until I found a rough spot on the floor, began scrubbing and was overwhelmed with skunk smell. My eyes and nose both began running and my throat tightened, then, the gagging reflex kicked in. Whoot!!! Not a good thing.

Everything, I mean every thing is being wiped down. I'm about 2/3's done and had to take a break. It is beginning to smell better, I keep going outside to clear my head and make sure I do not get de-sensitized before I can finish.

So, how is your day going?

Poor Annarchy!

My mother continues to tell the story of our house getting a blast of stinky skunk once when I was in grade school. I came home to tell her that my clothes [perhaps hair too?] smell like skunk. The kids at school kept saying all day, "Whew, I smell a skunk!"

My mom was a bit horrified on my behalf but I told her I just looked around sniffing too. "Yeah, I can smell it!!" I'd say.

;):24::rolleyes:

....ahem, just in case you set off a round of "SNIFF, do I smell a skunk?"....now you know how to respond. :curtsey:

MtRider - :happy0203: What can I say? My ancestor stowed away on a ship to come to America. We're a creative lot!

No skunks, thank goodness! I think the possums and raccoons keep them away from the house.

I'm trying so hard to keep my head on straight. I am so scattered and frustrated right now. LilDD is starting her senior year of high school, BigDD has started working at a different branch of the same place, so I have to leave earlier. EVERY DAY I'm a nervous wreck, hoping LilDD is safely on the bus. Being out in the country is NOT always so "nice". But I have the neighbor aware of her schedule, etc., and DD knows where she is that time of the day, so if anyone stops to bother her, she knows exactly what to do and where to go. And the neighbor is ALWAYS carrying.

:sigh:

Poor Annarchy!

My mother continues to tell the story of our house getting a blast of stinky skunk once when I was in grade school. I came home to tell her that my clothes [perhaps hair too?] smell like skunk. The kids at school kept saying all day, "Whew, I smell a skunk!"

My mom was a bit horrified on my behalf but I told her I just looked around sniffing too. "Yeah, I can smell it!!" I'd say.

;):24::rolleyes:

....ahem, just in case you set off a round of "SNIFF, do I smell a skunk?"....now you know how to respond. :curtsey:

MtRider - :happy0203: What can I say? My ancestor stowed away on a ship to come to America. We're a creative lot!

Abby-girl often sends out "tweets" when she gets into the truck or van and we have to do the "windows down, freeze out". We keep telling her we didn't authorize her to have a twitter account! Good idea of just acting like everybody else...perhaps we can look at her and say "Abby...did you do that!?" (we know she'll immediately go flat on her belly when she's accused of anything)...

:laughkick:

((((((Cat)))))) Have faith, they will be fine wrapped in :pray:

Philbe, pooor Abby-girl. The peroxide/baking soda worked excellent. DH said Grrr was upchucking because the skunk sprayed him in the mouth when he bit it. I'm hoping he never goes near one again. As in, lesson learned?!

I like that Mt_Rider. You brought back childhood memories... we had a farm, had to do the work and shower before/after school, but I will never forget the ribbing I took for smelling like cow poo. Yeah, it wasn't pretty. What it taught me, I was confident in myself; 'they were not the ones working their tail off every day'. In fact, most of them never knew what 'responsibilities' meant.