MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Windy Thursday

It's supposed to get very windy here as the day goes on. It's rainy, but warmer than it has been. Hard to believe that tomorrow is Nov 1 already!!

What's going on in your world?

The past 2 days have seemed like I've been on the phone most of the day. Ordering stuff, dealing with insurance, scheduling stuff, ect.

I found childbirth classes and the registration paper is being mailed to me. They're held on Saturdays. :) I like that as it'll be less stressful than weekday evenings. Sometimes evening events make for a mad rush for DH to get home from work in time, just to grab a quick supper and back out the door. I found an infant safety care class, too. It's a evening, but just a one-time class. Among other things, it'll cover infant CPR and handling choking. Definitely want to make sure we learn that!

For those that participate in Halloween activities, what are you doing?

We're just watching "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" tonight. Poor Linus! He doesn't wait in the most sincere pumpkin patch.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Those classes sound good, OOTO, and the timing too, so your husband doesn't have to rush.

Kind of chilly on our side of the state, it was warm yesterday though. Rainy, and dark. good napping weather :)

We're not doing anything Halloween related. Before we moved here, my son liked giving candy out, but where we live now, eh, no we're not doing that. better keeping the door closed, esp. at night. Plus on this highway we'd literally be opening to the door to just anyone.

Today has been some cleaning and laundry. Feeling more brain fog today and a bit dizzy, so I had to have ds help me with the cleaning, I took the kitchen, and he the bathroom (well part of it). I just had to go over it quick when he was done, it was a big help not having to get up and down as much. Granted we have a teeny tiny bathroom, but still.

I've got one load of laundry washed, and in dryer. My goal this weekend is to get the Fall/Winter clothes pulled out and washed. It's that weird time of year where we end up needing more clothes out because you never know if it's going to be warmer/colder.

I happened to be at Wal-Mart this afternoon and it dawned on me this would be a good time to stock up on some candy for myself. I don't eat it very often but it'd nice to have. Our Wal-Mart ran out of Halloween candy! Completely gone. So I strolled over to the regular candy aisle and it was nearly wiped out too. A couple of women were talking about it. When I went to the check out the girl ringing me up commented that I'd found some candy after all. She said they have been getting a lot of complaints because they ran out. Not earth shattering. I suppose other stores still had some. After I got home I remembered "The largest candy store in the USA" is less than 20 minutes from me. :banghead: I'm on the hunt for sour Smarties.

It rained and the wind howled here for the Trick or Treaters so I'm sure there will be a lot of candy leftover around here. Maybe we can sell it back to Wal-Mart. :grinning-smiley-044: