MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

More Internet Education -vocabulary

Mt_Rider

This morning I was reading a news story. The description of the bad guy: wearing black pants, whatever shirt and a "black toboggan with white insignia".

:blink:

I read it again.....

The man is wearing an eight foot wooden sled....how?

So I went off to investigate..... Yea google.

http://kccbigcountry.hubpages.com/hub/Whether-You-Ride-or-Wear-A-Toboggan-Depends-on-Where-Youre-From

So which is your definition?

MtRider ....do these little bits of trivia come in useful? Probably. :shrug:

Absolutely. They were all the thing in the 1960's

Edit: Oh wait, you were talking about clothing right? I had one that was red. They were an unlined nylon wind breaker that had a hood. They only zipped about a third of the way down so you had to put them on and take them off over your head. The bottom two-thirds was a pocket going across the front for your hands and the very bottom had a draw string. The cuffs were elastic.They sort of looked like a modern day sweatshirt 'hoodie' except for the short zipper. I couldn't even find a picture of one on Google. I have an old black and white picture of me in one...somewhere. I think I was in about the 8th. grade.

Edited by Jeepers
  • 2 weeks later...

If someone said blast jacket to me, I would have thought they were talking about a bullet proof vest/Jacket. It gets windy on the Flats , though, so I can see how one might call a windbreaker that.

Around here they would be nice to have too, but are not waterproof and we tend to get a lot of rain storms.

• 2 weeks later...