MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Duck Eggs................. how do you use them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm.....I may be late for this answer.  OK...some folks think duck eggs are stronger tasting and don't like to use them for a fried egg breakfast.  We don't think so but YMMV.  :shrug:   Their diet may change the flavor too....ours were free range plus wild bird food.  They even ate small salamanders.....  TMI? 

As for baking, duck eggs [and goose eggs especially!!]  have a "proportionately larger" yolk.  That means they are treasured by bakers. 

They do have a harder shell so ya hafta give it a fairly strong whack to open them.  ..... :rolleyes:   ....imagine when we had to switch to the more frail shell of chicken eggs after whacking our "Flintstone brontosaurus eggs" for decades...  :puzzledsmile:

MtRider  ....for what it's worth by this time... 

• Like 2
On 11/3/2020 at 9:03 PM, Mt_Rider said:

Hmmm.....I may be late for this answer.  OK...some folks think duck eggs are stronger tasting and don't like to use them for a fried egg breakfast. 

I have decided to use them as scrambled eggs or as omelets - 2 chix eggs and 1 duck egg. Seems to be working for me. :D

• Like 2