MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

juicer/blender to use whole tomato for juice?

Hello! I am thinking about making tomato juice this year and I would like to use the entire tomato. I have Early Girls and if my polish linguisa survive the EB I will add some for thickening since hubby like thick juice. I wanted to avoid peeling and seeding and thought maybe there is a blender that will pulverize these adequately for a thick juice? My MIL has a vitamix she swears by, but she lives in another state so I cannot try hers out. I thought I would get opinions if anyone uses a blender/juicer in this fashion and how does your machine hold up?

On 7/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, David Austin said:

Hello! I am thinking about making tomato juice this year and I would like to use the entire tomato. I have Early Girls and if my polish linguisa survive the EB I will add some for thickening since hubby like thick juice. I wanted to avoid peeling and seeding and thought maybe there is a blender that will pulverize these adequately for a thick juice? My MIL has a vitamix she swears by, but she lives in another state so I cannot try hers out. I thought I would get opinions if anyone uses a blender/juicer in this fashion and how does your machine hold up?">juicer for tomatoes

no one can use juicer?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A little late, not sure if this will help. We have a blendtech (sp?) that my now husband bought over 10 years ago. If I add all the uses we've done, I'd say that we have used it at least daily in that time. I didn't use it today, for example, but I used it 6 times (for tomatoes, no less!) a couple of days ago. It's still works like a charm! The container has long lost its prettiness, but it still works wonderfully. I'm not sure what the juice would be like....it would be well blended for sure, but thick. If that's what you're going for, the blendtech is great! :)

ETA: I use my blended tomatoes in soup, for the most part, not juice.

Edited by Joyfilled
  • Like 1