MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Been buying raw milk for a couple of weeks....

Jeepers I agree with you on the old age. I am 72 with health issues and my hands are not helping any. I have 15lbs. of potatoes to peel and can. Canning is not the issues but peeling those potatoes is going to kill my hands. I also have 5lbs. of sweet potatoes to peel and can. My hands will be done for sure. Arthritis has really played on my hands and pushing me toward that joint replacement in hands. Not looking forward to that. 

Going to start getting back into trying new things after the holidays as right now I just don't have the time to start new things. But have a list of things I want to learn for after the 1st of year. It should be fun. I have some wax now that I want to make candles with. Also want to try out my olive oil lamps to see how they will smell. I don't care for the smell of olive oil, but I use it in cooking a lot. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Jeepers I agree with you on the old age. I am 72 with health issues and my hands are not helping any. I have 15lbs. of potatoes to peel and can. Canning is not the issues but peeling those potatoes is going to kill my hands. I also have 5lbs. of sweet potatoes to peel and can. My hands will be done for sure. Arthritis has really played on my hands and pushing me toward that joint replacement in hands. Not looking forward to that. 

Going to start getting back into trying new things after the holidays as right now I just don't have the time to start new things. But have a list of things I want to learn for after the 1st of year. It should be fun. I have some wax now that I want to make candles with. Also want to try out my olive oil lamps to see how they will smell. I don't care for the smell of olive oil, but I use it in cooking a lot. 

I would love to see your candles (and anything else you make)....I'll be making some for Christmas gifts, and am hoping they turn out okay!

• Like 2

When I have time to sit down and work on my pictures to get them too here. I will post pictures. Computer keeps saying no room for anymore pictures but found out somehow my pictures were moved into One drive. I don't know how they got there but that is why I can't drag pictures to here. Will get that straigt when I have more time. Joyfield, I am hoping to be able to make all my Christmas gifts next year. These past 3 to 4 years have just been a struggle for me and then with construction on top of that I think I am just overwhelmed. 

• Like 1
On 12/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, Littlesister said:

When I have time to sit down and work on my pictures to get them too here. I will post pictures. Computer keeps saying no room for anymore pictures but found out somehow my pictures were moved into One drive. I don't know how they got there but that is why I can't drag pictures to here. Will get that straigt when I have more time. Joyfield, I am hoping to be able to make all my Christmas gifts next year. These past 3 to 4 years have just been a struggle for me and then with construction on top of that I think I am just overwhelmed. 

Overwhelmed sounds like what you should be! A lot going on! But man....making your presents....that's awesome!! When I grow up I wanna be like you. 😁🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Joyfield with prices like they are and just keep going up and getting harder to find what you want. I figure making gifts is the way to go. I am thinking that might be one day the only way to have gift giving. I have 3 neighbors that we exchange gifts each year and this year I bought 2 bread pans that have a Christmas scene imprinted in them. So, I am going to make cakes using those for the neighbors. The imprint of the Christmas scene will come out on the cakes. 

• Like 1